Sunday, August 30, 2015

Baywatch

Are you sick of all the beach photos yet? Hope not! 


While the first set of photos were taken on the more secluded part of the Miramar beach, these photos were taken at the beach in downtown Miramar. All of those metal frames you see are actually little beach cabanas; the covers have been put away for winter. It's pretty interesting to see the contrast on this beach: packed with people in the summer and quite deserted in the winter, save for a few stray dogs. That would have to be one of the cons about Miramar...there are so many stray dogs. Fortunately, the residents seem to feed the stray dogs and we've never come across a dog that's looked sick or malnourished. In fact, most of the stray dogs are enormous and look pretty well fed. On this day, we crossed paths with this one dog on the beach who decided to keep us company for the afternoon, and later went on his merry way. While he did seem to be content with his beach life, if we could have taken him with us we would have, but unfortunately we are not able to adopt another animal at this time. I do dream of having my own animal shelter one day though.
























10 comments:

  1. Awww, so cool to see your dogs getting close to the waves. I worry mine would be scared of them, mostly because my pitbull is scared of everything and my mutt dude just follows whatever she does. It's funny you mentioned having an animal shelter. My husband and I have talked about doing that too! We would totally love to foster bully breeds someday.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, not sick at all! I've been loving your previous installments of Miramar and this one is not the exception. I think there's a particular beauty in a beach during winter, it definitely feels more intimate, do you know what I mean? The photos of the waves and the rocks are truly beautiful. Oh, and I was starting to feel so bad for the poor stray dogs there until I read that apparently locals feed them, that melted my heart. In Salta during winter, you can see a lot of stray dogs wearing a warm vest made of that fabric called "polar", thanks to a local animal protection association (of course, they do other stuff as well, not only that, haha). Oh well, this is starting to get too long :P Once again dear, I loved these photos!! <3
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this place looks amazing!!!!

    www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. never sick of beach photos, esp ones with pups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came from the sea and I miss the beach so much! I enjoyed in your pics, that is one beautiful beach with interesting stones! It would be great to take some outfit pics there..:)
    http://sunmoonstyle.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you wish you save every stray animal?! Looks like a good time :)

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome scenery to be right now. Great shots!

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're able to have your own animal shelter someday! You'd be so great at that. You are so compassionate with animals!

    Also, I could never get tired of beach photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute dogs)) http://svetlanaleleko.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww the dogs are having so much fun at the beach!!! :)
    They are so cute


    Johanna. ♥
    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)