Friday, March 27, 2015

Memories from a Disposable Camera...

Good Morning, and Happy Friday! Sorry for my absence these past two weeks....
Tomas had a health scare and we spent all of last week in the hospital, but he got out on Sunday and he's feeling better! What lesson did we learn? Taking care of yourself is really important, no matter what age you are!

I had originally written a different post for today, a post about my experience working in the service industry, but I got a little off track and it turned into a long rambling post about work, life and the future. I still might post it, but I wasn't sure how many of you would actually want to read a post like that. I try to keep things pretty light here, so the idea of opening up more about myself in a post scares me a little bit. What do you think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going through some folders in the house yesterday, trying to organize and throw away papers we didn't need anymore when I stumbled across these photos of Tomas and me. They are from when Tomas came to visit me in the United States for the first time in January 2011. For some reason, we had a disposable camera during that trip (I can't remember how or why), and I just found a couple of the photos that we took. 




I can't believe how young we look! Tomas was thirty and super tan (although these photos were taken in January, that's summer in Argentina) and I was twenty-three. Even though it was only four years ago, it feels like a lifetime! Ironically, when I found these photos yesterday, Tomas had on the same shirt that he was wearing in the photos! I guess some things never change!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for sticking with me! :-)

20 comments:

  1. Babies!! I would read your posts about work and the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been drafted...now it's just a matter if I ever decide to post it or not!

      Delete
  2. Awe you guys are too cute! (:

    Have a wonderful weekend! xo
    ♥ www.thekawaiiplanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzy! Hope you have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  3. Always sticking with you, I love your blog! :D These pictures show how adorable you two are! Oh, and I'd love to read a post about you and your experiences. Plus, I think you have quite an interesting life, you know? Living in different countries, working in different things, all that sounds amazing to me! :)
    I really hope Tomas to get better soon ("mejoráte, Tomas!!"), I totally agree with you, taking care of ourselves and listening to what our bodies are trying to tell us is extremely important. Health comes first, always.
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I'm still debating about how much I feel like sharing on my blog, but I'm sure you'll start seeing more personal posts about me soon! Maybe I should start out with a "25 Facts About Me" or something similar?
      Tomas is feeling better and we're making more of a conscious effort to take care of ourselves and listen to our bodies. It's not always easy though! xx

      Delete
  4. So cool! So Fun! Cute post! Xx
    Http://www.littleprettymess.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7279767/littleprettymess
    Instagram: @littleprettymess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's especially fun when you forget that those photos even existed! I miss the days of using only disposable cameras and the excitement that comes along with waiting for your photos to get developed!

      Delete
  6. We always buy a disposable camera each summer. Nothing is better than seeing what develops after three months!

    www.bedknobsandbaubles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding these old pics makes me want to go out and buy a disposable camera again! It is so fun to see what photos you end up with. I love that you make it a tradition every summer to buy a disposable camera---sometimes you gotta keep it old school ;-)

      Delete
  7. i am glad he is ok! i;ve got loads of cameras i need to get developed from years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! He's feeling good these days and making an effort to take better care of himself. Sometimes we get caught up in the fast pace of life, combined with overworking and we forget about the most important thing, which is to take care of ourselves!
      Go and get your cameras developed! I'm sure you have some gems in there! I know I want to go out and buy another disposable camera because it was really fun to find those photos.

      Delete
  8. Hey, I am so happy for you that everything is all right and sure, I would love to read your post about life etc but I know what you mean, I find it a little bit scaring, too, to get too personal...
    Love the photos and i don't think you look much younger or let's esay it the other way round: oldaer today :) very cute pictures btw.
    all the best, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I'm still debating about what topics I'll be posting about on the blog. I've gotten a bit sidetracked recently and haven't had much time to even think about my blog, let alone compose a blog post. I may start off with one of those "25 Facts About Me" posts to open up and then go from there.
      Hope you have a great weekend! xx

      Delete
  9. Disposable camera photos are the best. Feel free to post that personal post. ;) I'd love to know about you. It's funny that you can wear the same shirt for FOREVER. ;) I'm happy Tomas is feeling better. That's scary but I'm happy you guys got through it.

    Christina
    cityloveee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go out and buy another disposable camera now. I'm actually surprised they still sell them to be honest. I have that post drafted, but still haven't posted it yet...not sure if I will or not, but it's there haha
      I'm thinking about doing a "25 Facts About Me" post which I've been meaning to do for the longest time. Hopefully, I can put something together this weekend. Free time has been few and far between these days and my blog has fallen by the wayside. As much as I'd love to post a few times a week (or even once a week), life events and work come first before hobbies. Hope you're having an awesome time on your Eurotrip!

      Delete
  10. You guys were adorable! And I find it pretty hilarious that he was wearing the same shirt on the day that you found these photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like, "Tomas, look at these old photos I just found! Wait....you're still wearing that same t-shirt today that you were wearing in the photos..." haha

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)