Monday, March 30, 2015

A Little Bit Western


You know me...I LOVE dressing with a theme in mind. Yesterday, I decided to add a little western flare to my life. Here I thought summer was over, but the heat in Buenos Aires is back and I ended up wearing this sleeveless denim vest without a jacket all day. The vest is something I've had for years and has the cutest little lace-up detail on the back (not pictured) which, as we know, is back on-trend now! It always feels good having kept a clothing item for years (instead of selling it to consignment like I usually do) and it comes back in style! The pastel pink jeans were something I picked up when I was back in the States over the holidays. It was a spur of the moment purchase that I didn't even try on, but I felt that they were something different for me and it's fun to buy something you normally wouldn't, right?


I went for a natural makeup look, wearing Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, Milani Luminoso Blush, Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Pencil in Natural and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cappuccino.






Wearing:
Denim Vest - Bershka (similar here and here)
Jeans - American Eagle (here)
Boots- Clona
Bag - Gypsy Warrior (similar)

23 comments:

  1. Nooooo, I miss subways so much. But pastel pink jeans are such a fun, new pop in life! I always feel bad when I sell things because I know fashion comes around but... small closet, yo. I've bought random things on a whim too... once I bought a blue sequin dress at a thrift store. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the things I sell to consignment I don't miss because I can't even remember what I've sold! But, every once in a while, I remember some awesome piece I had that I got rid of because I decided at that moment I didn't like it, and later regret it. Fortunately, that's only happened a few times. That's so funny you bought a sequined dress at a thrift store because I did too! I bought a green sequin dress at Salvation Army in college and still have it tucked away in my closet. With the right tailoring, I know it can be fabulous, which is why I've kept it for so many years!

      Delete
  2. i like the faded wash quality to these, like the beginning of sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even look at them that way! Now I'm going to call them my "sunset jeans"! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hey you cowgirl :) happy april. in Germany the 1st of april is a day where you pull someones chain, everyone is trying at least.
    Yes, I will sell the bags in the online shop but for peanuts, it's more a giveaway than anything else...I am wearing one myself and it's so practical! I don't know in argentina but over here, especially in berlin, it was/is a huge hype to wear canvas bags instead of handbags, even for guys.
    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the United States, April 1st is April Fool's Day, too! April Fool's Day doesn't exist in Argentina, although I'm sure that if it did, it would be declared a national holiday and we would all have the day off from work haha

      I haven't noticed too many canvas bags here but I think that's because people don't really walk around with open bags like that here. I like the simplicity of the canvas bag, and how easy it is to throw everything in there, but when I'm walking around the city I prefer to use a backpack. When I'm at home in the States, I like to use canvas bags and tote bags.

      Delete
  4. I am thinking of something else that is probably still in your closet and waiting for floppy red hats to come back in style....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too.......maybe 2015 will be the year!

      Delete
  5. love that bag!!
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look! Love those pants especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rach! I'm really happy with my spur-of-the-moment pink pants purchase!

      Delete
  7. Looking GREAT! I love the bag with the fringe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aunt J! I love that fringe is back in style and so easy to find now! This bag is easily one of my favorites!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)