Friday, February 13, 2015

Vegas, Baby! (Part Four)


Today I bring to you the fourth, and final installment of photos from our trip to Vegas...

On our second full day in Las Vegas, my family and I went downtown to explore Old Vegas! We didn't even realize there was an "Old Vegas" until the sommelier at Mesa Grill recommended that we go down there and check out the "Fremont Street Experience."  (Apparently they also have a light show on Fremont Street at night, but we missed those!) The city is trying to restore & renovate the area, transforming it into a tourist attraction once again.

This part of Vegas had a VERY different feel to it, and I personally enjoyed exploring the area. The highlights of Old Vegas, for me, were the Golden Nugget and The Mob Museum. Hopefully next time we can check out the Neon Museum that is also there!



The corridors of the Golden Nugget...turned sideways.

...and again.
I loved the dramatic chandeliers at the Golden Nugget.

OOTD shot inside the Golden Nugget.
(Coat - Missguided; Jeans - H&M; Boots - Clona; Backpack - Dooney & Bourke)

Carolyn and I preparing to pose for a photo, both turning to each other at the same time,
and asking, "Should we smile?", which of course ended in both of us smiling. :-)



I felt like every corner I turned I was finding the most amazing details!







Tomas and I both locked eyes on this garbage can, and thought the same thing:
"What a nice garbage can!"
So, of course, we had to take a photo.

Inside the Mob Museum

My black & white, "moody" Mob pic.


Later that day, we returned back to The Strip and headed out for dinner at Julian Serrano Tapas in the Aria.

Hotel room mirror shot.
(Wearing: Top - Forever 21 *similar* ; Skirt - Missguided)


I forgot to take photos of the actual dinner, but we all agreed that it was the best dinner of the three nights we were in Vegas! (There was some very tough competition though).
 We tried all different kinds of tapas at Julian Serrano, and we couldn't pass up the sangria either!

AMAAAZZZINGGGG TRIP! Now, the question is: WHEN CAN WE GO BACK?!

13 comments:

  1. I had no idea there was an Old Vegas either. Shows what I know. I'm loving your fuzzy pink coat. Gorgeous.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard of the Golden Nugget before, but I had no idea it was in Old Vegas or that an Old Vegas even existed! And, thanks! I can't wait until it gets colder here so I can wear that coat again..I was kind of having a love affair with it over the holidays haha

      Delete
  2. Woahh!! You surely had fun at the Old Vegas. I'd be sure to visit these places when I'm at Vegas.

    Style.. A Pastiche!

    SAP on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun exploring that part of town! I'd love to go when it's warmer and try out the pool at the Golden Nugget (they have the most awesome pool)! There's also a great pizza place in Old Vegas...I forgot to take photos, but it's called Pizza Rock and it was soooo delicious!

      Delete
  3. I still cannot believe I have never been to Vegas!! I totally have that coat by the way :)

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me 27 years to get there, and now I'm already wondering when I can get back there! It's really a lot of fun, even if you aren't a big partier or gambler. How amazing is that coat? I'm in love with mine....every time I put it on I feel so cozy and happy :-)

      Delete
  4. Those crystal chandeliers were made at a glass factory in Belle Meade, NJ. on Route 206 South and is still in operation. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had NO idea! That's so cool! They stood out to me right away (which is why I took photos). I think they're even cooler now that I know they were made in NJ. :-)

      Delete
  5. You look indeed sophisticated in your burgundy pencil skirt, Chrystin! And the pink coat from the first outfit is so cool!!
    I loved these Vegas posts so much, it made me want to visit the city so badly! Thanks for sharing <333
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! And I have to say, I do feel sophisticated when I wear a midi skirt...a very different look for me, but I like it! Hopefully one day you can visit Las Vegas---I'm sure you'd love it! xx

      Delete
  6. We just bought tickets to Vegas this past weekend! We're going next month and I'm so excited! Thanks for the tips on seeing the old Downtown! I'll add it to our list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!!! You guys are going to have so much fun! How many days are you staying/where?

      Delete
  7. you are very beauty :)

    cercandoilmiosogno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)