Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Mañana en el Abasto


We actually took these photos during the afternoon (not the morning) in Abasto, but I really wanted to quote the Sumo song in my title, so I just went with it. If you don't know about Sumo and are interested finding out more about the Argentine alternative rock scene from 1980s, I highly suggest listening to their music. Check out "Mañana en el Abasto", as well as my favorite Sumo song, which I'll link at the end of this post!


As for my outfit...
It was very hot & humid out that day, and I felt in the mood to wear something super summery, which to me means bright colors! I haven't worn brights in a while, as I'm going through this black & white phase in my life. Ah, the many fashion phases I go through. As you can see, black & white still do appear in this outfit, but at least I spiced up my life with the bright yellow embellished mesh tank and the neon orange bag from Zara.




Wearing:
Embellished Mesh Tank - from Colombia (another bright yellow option here)
Shorts - Tinsel (old...see more styles from Tinsel here)
Bag - Zara (similar here)
Sneakers - Reebok

What do you guys think? Do you like to bust out the brights in summertime?

And now, for my favorite Sumo song.... I've gotta go with "Hola Frank!"
Hope you guys like it as much as I do!


We even had a mural made at our bar of the lead singer, Luca Prodan, eating a hamburger!

Mural by Gerdy Harapos

22 comments:

  1. such gorgeous pictures and so vibrant! loved learning more

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I'mmissing summer so much and can't wait. Luckily we have sun here, at least.
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Glad you like the outfit! I'm not the biggest summer fan unless I have a pool or beach nearby, so I'm pretty excited about the coming of Autumn! haha

      Delete
  3. Great photos, I love your summery outfit!
    Would you like us to follow eachother on GFC?
    Keep in touch,
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sonia! Glad you like it! I will definitely be checking out your blog! :-)

      Delete
  4. you look amazing! love the bag

    Shalay,
    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Shalay! I have to say that when I originally bought that bag I thought I wouldn't get much use out of it, but I couldn't say no to that bright orange! As it turns out, I use it quite a bit! It's amazing how many outfits I can incorporate the bag into!

      Delete
  5. love the daisy top! your outfit goes so well with the background colour!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucia! The colorful street art is one of my favorite things about Buenos Aires! xx

      Delete
  6. Omg that tank top is so fantastic. I love bright colors as well & the embellishments make it even better.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carmen! When I saw the top, I knew I needed it. And, it's from Colombia, which makes it even more fantastic! haha

      Delete
  7. I love your top. It reminds me of the 90s, which isn't a bad thing. It's nice to get out when it's warm outside.

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! I'm loving the 90's revival that's going on now :-D

      Delete
  8. I definitely wear bright colors in the summer! Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice tan is usually a great compliment to bright colors, and since I haven't had a tan in years, I think that might be the reason I've avoided the bright colors (for example this neon yellow top). But I was feeling the bright yellow on that day, so I wore it anyway! Glad you like the outfit!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)