Sunday, January 25, 2015

Shades of Coral



When it comes to nail polishes, I am ALL about the coral. When it comes to lip & cheek products, I always lean more towards the cool-toned dusty roses and plums, so buying this lipgloss and cream blush was kind of out of character for me. Since I have changed my hair color (from blonde to red), I've found that (for the most part) makeup with orange tones is not the most flattering on me. So, why did I buy these? I'm not really sure. I guess I was in the mood to branch out, and give coral another try.

My thoughts...

Essie Sunday Funday
Orangey-pink and orangey-red are my favorite shades of nail polish to wear. So, for obvious reasons, I picked up Sunday Funday. In the bottle, the color is quite a bright coral and has a nice shimmer to it. On the nail, unfortunately, you hardly notice the shimmer.  It's not shimmery enough to be called a shimmer, nor is it a matte, and I kind of wish it was one or the another. I'd say the color is most flattering in natural light, where it comes off more pink, and you can see a tiny bit of shimmer. Indoors, the color just falls flat for me. The saving grace, however, is that this is the longest lasting Essie polish I have EVER tried. Out of all the nail product brands I purchase, I buy Essie the most, simply because of the color range, not because of the formula. I prefer the OPI formula, but I don't like their color selection nearly as much. So, back to the lasting power of Sunday Funday. This polish lasted for 5 DAYS on my nails without chipping! Normally my nails chip the day after I paint them (it's the WORST), unless I get a gel manicure, which I haven't had in a looooong time. For that, I am grateful, and I feel very fond of this polish. It's nice to slap on a nail polish and not have to worry about it for basically the rest of the week.

(This photo was taken on Day 4)

Paul & Joe Beaute (Limited Edition) Triple Cheek Color in Orange Sorbet
This is a cream blush comprised of three colors: pink, orange and white. When I first looked at it I thought HOW am I going to pull this off?! Well when you swirl your finger in the pot, all of the colors combine to great a beautiful shimmery peach color. I wore this the other day, and it gave me a warm, natural glow. Even though I had my doubts in the beginning, I ended up really liking this, and I know I will get a lot of use out of this this summer. I'm generally more of a powder blush girl, but in the summer, it's nice to just apply some fuss-free, dewy cream blush on and be done with it.

Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Strawberry Topaz
A very pigmented & bright gloss that you only need the slightest bit to give your lips a nice pop of coral color. I wore this the same day I tried out the Triple Cheek Color and the varying coral shades complimented one another very nicely. For day time, definitely use a tiny amount of product. For night time, I would say go all out and apply generously for a nice, juicy strawberry topaz pucker!


22 comments:

  1. I'm LONGING for the days that it is appropriate to wear coral where I live. Beauty shades you've chosen. Need to check out that blush! New follower here =)

    xx Lindsay

    Wandering 20-Something // Lifestyle Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Screw seasonally appropriate colors, wear what you want, when you want! Haha
      The blush is kind of on the expensive side, so if you are interested in buying it, I would wait until beauty.com has another one of their sales!
      Thanks for stopping by, glad you liked the post :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with coral!!! it is one of my favorite colors, specially on the warmer months! I'm glad you are getting adventurous with your makeup, I need to be more like that too! Also I want to see pictures of your new red hair!!!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am giving coral another try! I feel like everyone is always raving about coral and peach makeup, so it was time I jumped on the bandwagon to see what all the fuss was about, yet again haha

      Delete
  3. I love the coral nail polish, it looks so much like summer!!! I do like the lip gloss, too, although it might be a bit difficult to combine.
    xx, sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coral nail polishes are my favorite, although this shade in particular is not my favorite coral nail polish in my collection. I would say my favorite coral polish (well, I guess it's more of an orangey red) is Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It by OPI. It is gorgeoussss. I also loved Flirt (I think it was called) by Essie. I had to throw that one out though because I had it for years and it was getting all gunky.
      As for the lip gloss, it is bright, but applied very sparingly it looks beautiful!

      Delete
  4. i just love anything coral--it's one of my favorite makeup shades. that blush is lovely--wish we got that here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush is available in the states---I ordered it from beauty.com!

      Delete
  5. Great products- I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that Essie polish :)

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula on Sunday Funday by Essie was amazing, but the coral was not my favorite coral. I prefer The Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It by OPI (brighter, orangey-red), OPI Cajun Shrimp, Flirt (pinky-red based coral) by Essie (although, I'm not sure they still make it, and I'm so angry because mine went bad and I threw it out), or even Chubby Cheeks by Essie (more muted).

      Delete
  6. I love corals, but I always think I look weird in them. Love that nail polish though... that might work.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt too! I think you just have to find the right shade of coral that suits you!

      Delete
  7. Love coral, too! It's a fun, positive color. And yes, sometimes a bit hard to pull off but you're gorgeous so you'll find how to get away with wearing coral soon ;) These products look amazing!
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coral is definitely a fun color! I feel like it adds life to any look! And while some shades of coral are hard to pull off, once you find the right one it can be really pretty! What brand of nail polish do you generally buy here in Argentina? I like the L'oreal Colour Riche (that come in those smaller rectangular bottles) or I also tend to buy a lot of Desseo because there's an awesome color range, they're super cheap, and you can find them at the local autoservicio!

      Delete
  8. I really like that nail color! So pretty.

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty, but not my all-time favorite. The lasting power, on the other hand, is amazing! If you're looking for a coral polish, there's other colors I would recommend first!

      Delete
  9. Súper cool color! Love it!
    Http://www.littleprettymess.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7279767/littleprettymess
    Instagram: @littleprettymess

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite tiffany blue nail polishes falls flat inside too, but looks amazing in natural light. I know what you mean. I do like coral on nails! It's pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can relate! I wasn't sure if I was making any sense about that haha
      Tiffany blue is also a favorite nail color for me too! Years ago I bought a beautiful blue from Chanel...I'm sure it's not even good anymore, but I refuse to throw it away because it's Chanel!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)