Saturday, January 10, 2015

Major Beauty Haulin'


On my vacation in the US over the holidays, I caught up on months worth of my accumulating beauty wish list. It was long, and I only made a dent in it, but I think it's safe to say I did enough damage.








Instead of writing about my most recent beauty purchases until my fingers fell off, I decided to make a little video instead, where I basically talked until my tongue fell out. The video is a bit long (and I even cut it down by about 10 minutes!), so bear with me here...it's my first time!

I don't think this will be a regular occurrence on A Mate & a Rottweiler, but once in a while I think it'd be fun.

Now, let's get to business!


Products mentioned:

Skin & Hair
Boscia Cool Blue Hydration Essence 
Klorane Soothing and Relaxing Patches
Alba Botanica Good & Clean Toxin Release Scrub
The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream
Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner
Alaffia Everday Coconut Face Cream Nighttime Replenishing
Bumble and bumble Mending Masque
Benefit Bathina "soft to touch...hard to get" Silky & Seductive Body Oil Mist
Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Age Erase Moisture for Eyes Mega 10 Plus with Active Vitamin D

Makeup
Milani Baked Blush, Red Vino 09
Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara, Very Black
Maybelline Color Sensational, The Mattes Lip Color, Daringly Nude
NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick, Shy
Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer, Strawberry Topaz & Amber
Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain, LA Exclusive
Sephora Lash Stash (No Longer Available)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette
it Cosmetics Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer
it Cosmetics Hello Lashes! Clinically Proven 5-in-1 Mascara

it Cosmetics Eyelift In A Tube
it Cosmetics (Limited Edition Holiday) Naturally Pretty Celebration Matte Palette
Formula X for Sephora, Sparklers, Drawn to You
Fomula X for Sephora, Chromes, Need for Speed
Sephora Collection Eyelash Curlers 
MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick, Pink Pearl Pop
MAC Cosmetics Lustre Lipstick, Lovelorn
Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm, Demure
Paul & Joe Beaute (Limited Edition) Triple Cheek Color, Orange Sorbet 002
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, Freak
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar, Matte Rollergirl
Make Up For Ever Ink Liner
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick, Bachelorette
Urban Decay Full Frontal Lipstick Stash (No longer available)
*Forgot to mention The Original Beauty Blender, gifted to me by Carolyn from The Beauty Queen Routine!

Note: Ironically, after I gushed about the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette, I knocked it off the table while I was editing this video and broke one of the blushes... WOM. WOM. WOM.

12 comments:

  1. is that one always has these very beautiful for men kisses. andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth is, I love to primp & pamper! I think I do it more for myself than anyone else! xx

      Delete
  2. You did a vlog!! I love it! It's so fun hearing your voice. You sound exactly like I thought you would. :)

    I went to The Body Shop for the first time ever last week. It's such a great place! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny how you already had an idea of how I would sound! Glad you liked the video. I may do some more in the future, just because I had fun making this one, but I'm not sure how many people would watch, so we'll see!
      Love The Body Shop, too! Did you get anything there?

      Delete
  3. Haha love it, first video ever and 20 minutes long!! So cute!
    Btw I always do the same when I go to Germany: buy all the stuff I can't get here in Spain.
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching Sarah! I did the video as kind of a "self challenge". A few years ago, I wouldn't dare make a video to put online (I'm kind of a shy person around strangers or groups of people, but once you get to know me, I'm really not that way). So at least I proved to myself that I could do it, and also found out I had the patience to edit as well! haha
      And yes, whenever I go to the States I go crazy over all the items I can't get here. What kind of things do you usually buy in Germany that you can't get in Spain? xx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely adorable vlog...............real, honest and totally you. Do more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! I'm still deciding about whether I will make more videos or not!

      Delete
  5. Omg we finally heard your voice!! :D I LOVE IT, Chrystin! i can totally see your personality through the video, I'd totally subscribe to your channel if tyou ever decide to make more vlogs :) You showed really interesting products and I loved all your honest opinions about them.
    Love it, love it, love it!!

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb!! That means a lot to me! I felt like I was really putting myself out there with this video.... I'm SO glad you liked it. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)