Monday, January 19, 2015

Lunch This Weekend

Since I have some free time these days, I've been making an effort to cook as much as I can. This weekend I made two incredibly delicious lunches, and just finished the leftovers for lunch today. :-)
If any of you are in a cooking rut, I hope these foodie photos inspire you!

SATURDAY'S LUNCH: Grilled Chicken with Chopped Dates & Blue Cheese in a Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette 


Now, I know this picture is not the prettiest, but we all know it's the taste that matters.
This meal was very simple to make. I just grilled the chicken breasts (seasoned with salt and pepper), and while those were grilling, I chopped up a few dates, crumbled a chunk of blue cheese and whipped together a vinaigrette with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and some orange blossom honey. When the chicken was done, I sprinkled the dates and blue cheese on top, and then drizzled the vinaigrette all over. Simple as that!

SUNDAY'S LUNCH: Skillet Chicken Lasagna by The Pioneer Woman


Tomas and I shoveled this down yesterday, both going back for seconds. Ain't no shame in our shoveling game ;-) This took a bit more time than I thought it would (since I make my sauce and chicken broth in the moment), but it was worth it. This dish is perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon (like it was here yesterday), AND is also something that I think would please everyone. I finished the leftovers for lunch today, and am kind of wishing there was even more left over for dinner tonight!


What have you been cooking lately? 
Please share some of your favorite meals to make in the comments section below!

14 comments:

  1. very nice my dear!!!

    www.borsadimarypoppins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously drooling over these!!! i'll take one of each, hehe. and it's only 934!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm doing the same as I'm looking at these photos, again. I could really go for that pasta right about now. It was SO delicious!

      Delete
  3. Girl, please. I could shovel both of these. They look so yummy!

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These a both must-try recipes in my opinion! Let me know if you make either!

      Delete
  4. whyyyyy didn't you cook like this when i lived with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. But, don't forget...I did store our chocolate-covered Oreos in the freezer for us :-)
      Yeah, that's about the closest to cooking I got back then haha

      Delete
  5. The pasta looks amazing!! xo, Hayley www.dailydoseofdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hayley! You have to try the recipe!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It was! You should try out the recipes yourself! xx

      Delete
  7. I love the Pioneer Woman in general, but that pasta looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! Whenever I'm in the mood for some good homestyle, comfort food, I go to her blog to see what I can make!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)