Friday, January 9, 2015

I dipped my toe in the cookie butter pool, and I liked it...

As per everyone's suggestions, I bought the Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter on my first trip to Trader Joe's. And yes, I know I am WAY late to the game.


I have to admit, the first time I tried it (four days ago), I thought it was okay...I really didn't understand all the hype it was getting. I mean the flavor is just kind of weird...a sweet spread that tastes like gingerbread cookies. It was odd, mainly because I had never tasted anything like it before. (Now I understand why Argentines don't like peanut butter...they get the same feeling when they try peanut butter as I did when I tried cookie butter.)

But, I pushed through. Now, four days later, I'm halfway through the jar....... and I was afraid that I wasn't going to finish it before the expiration date...ha! That's laughable.

I've been eating it with crackers for breakfast and also at merienda (snack time). Any other suggestions as to what I should it this with before it's all gone? I'm leaning towards spreading some of this deliciousness on sliced green apples. You know, taking the "healthy" route.

One final note: As if this cookie butter wasn't good enough, the name is even better! I just love the word "speculoos". Thank you, Netherlands & Belgium. :-D

12 comments:

  1. Apples, cookie butter and banana sandwich, cookie butter and Nutella sandwich... Mmmmmm.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can't come up with anything to cook for dinner tonight, toast with cookie butter and bananas it is!

      Delete
  2. Ohh this post made me hungry hehe ! Great blog xo

    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And looking back over this post as I respond to comments has made me hungry again, too! haha

      Delete
  3. is an honor to read you kisses andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. You should pick a jar up and try it! Do you have Trader Joe's in Memphis?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hoe gaat het met je? That's what I learned from Belgium.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)