Friday, January 16, 2015

Al río...























I had this outfit in mind since the moment I woke up...... well, with the exception of the shirt. I wanted to wear a white short-sleeved tee, but it just proved to be too hot for short sleeves yesterday. This is the first time I've ever worn this white top, actually. I bought it last year (even though they didn't have my size at the store) and since it was always too big, I never wore it. But, since it's about the lightest thing I own in my closet, I knew I had to make it work. I decided to pair it with a cobalt blue bralette, and I really like the end result, especially the contrast in color with the white top. The skirt I am wearing I got on a super sale from Topshop a couple of months ago, and I'm actually wearing it backwards. The zipper is supposed to go in the back, but I like when zippers are in the front of my clothes. I also used to wear my favorite dress (one with a zip detail), backwards. Although, in that case, I had no idea I was wearing it backwards until someone told me!
I'm so glad Tomas and I took the car to the river yesterday because it was a BEAUTIFUL afternoon. Perfectly sunny, with a cool breeze. Often times I forget we even live in a city on a river since I never see it, but it's there...and it's closer than I think!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wearing:
Top - Zara
Bralette- Cosabella (here)
Skirt - Topshop (similar styles hereherehere and here)
Boots - Dr. Martens (here)
Backpack - Dooney & Bourke (here)
Necklace - Shantique Designs (here)
Lips - Rimmel Lasting Finish 1,000 Kisses Lip Pencil in 011 Spice (here)
Eyes - it Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette (here)

20 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Looks like you were having a lot of fun. The shadow photo is really cool.
    Just wondering how high and far you jumped in the one photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you liked the photos :-)
      As for my jumping.... I wasn't able to get much air due to my boots weighing me down haha

      Delete
  2. Loved this casual outfit, Chrystin! Perfect for a chill afternoon. The statement necklace is amazing, too! And the location looks so beautiful, full of great spots to take loads and loads of pictures :D
    PS, your hair color right now is so gorgeous, I'm jelous! ;)
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! It was the perfect outfit for a hot afternoon in Buenos Aires. We had been to this location (Costanera Norte) once before, when I first moved to Buenos Aires. I had completely forgotten about it all this time, so when I remembered that it existed again, I thought it would be a great place to escape from the city a bit, and it was an awesome place to take photos! xx

      Delete
  3. Nice outfit! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm actually not the biggest fan of summer, but I'll take it over a snow-filled winter any day!

      Delete
  5. Such a cute look <3

    xx Nicki

    www.morning-elegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the necklace!!

    Helen x
    www.raggydoll-raggydoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  7. Great photos! Love your look! Xx
    Http://www.littleprettymess.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7279767/littleprettymess
    Instagram: @littleprettymess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tania! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. that necklace is EVERYTHING!!! thanks for your thoughtful and wonderful comments. i always look forward to the time you take out of your day to visit and respond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elle! That's so sweet! I really look forward to your posts & always enjoy reading them :-) I know sometimes my comments can be pretty lengthy (haha), but that's only because I'm so interested in what you post about! xx

      Delete
  9. Love these pictures!!!
    :)
    Valentina

    http://fashionneed09.blogspot.it/2015/01/discounts-for-you-on-lastpriceit-winit.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Rach! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)