Wednesday, January 21, 2015

3 Different Ways to Wear Braids


Hair styling & photo by Carolyn Pritchett (Beauty Queen Routine)

I think that many a girl (that never grew up with a sister) dreamed of having a big sister that could do her hair and makeup. I know I certainly did. While I feel I was robbed of that experience growing up (just kidding Mom and Dad!), my wishes finally came true (20-something years later), and now I have not one, but four sisters! <3 <3 <3 <3

My brother's girlfriend Carolyn, creator of the blog Beauty Queen Routine, is quite literally the queen of all things beauty. She's a master of hair & makeup, and is full of tips & tricks to guide you in your daily skincare and makeup routine. 

Over the holidays we got together to try out a few braided hairstyles, but not just your everyday braids. Modern twists on the classic braid, and styles that are easy enough even for the hair styling amateur (and when I say "hair styling amateur",  I'm referring to myself, of course). This triple braid (pictured above) is something I plan on rocking this summer. If you're looking to shake things up a bit and want to veer away from your daily "go-to" hairstyle, head on over to Carolyn's blog to see all three styles she did on my hair, and the easy step-by-step tutorials of how she did them!

18 comments:

  1. Wow!! She did a great job! Love this braid.

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did! The triple braid was my personal favorite!

      Delete
  2. I love it, it really looks very nice! Especially with your hair colour. I really like your brothers girlfriend blog, too.
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just wore the triple braid again recently. It's simple, yet makes your hair look "done" in a few minutes!

      Delete
  3. i love braids of all kinds!! good for her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have always been a fan. You should check out her blog, Elle---I think you would really like it!

      Delete
  4. Lovely braid. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to check out Carolyn's blog! I love braids and finding new styles to incorporate them!

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a fan of braids, and I love finding new hairstyles that I can actually recreate myself!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I think you'll love the other two braids, too! Especially with your long hair, these styles will look gorgeous on you!

      Delete
  7. That braid looks SO gorgeous! Last weekend I was just checking tutorials for crown braids, I love those ones!
    I grew up with 3 older sisters (yes, we're four girls!!!) and although non of them taught me about hair and make up ( >:( ) I could always steal a bit of their make ups hehehe ;)
    Heading to Carolyn's blog asap!!

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! And, I LOVE crown braids too! I think they are so pretty, especially with a flowy, boho dress......perfection!
      I'm sure if I had grown up with a sister, I would have "borrowed" all of her makeup and clothes, too! Isn't that the perk of growing up with a sister/s? haha

      Delete
  8. That is such a beautiful braid, Chrystin! I see you have 10 posts this month! hehe. Good for you! it's nice to have time to blog. I finally have time to post again. Exciting!

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! Yes, I have been blogging like a fiend this month haha
      Most of January is holidays for us here, so I had a lot of free time to work on what I love doing most! Now, it's back to work, so the posts will be less frequent :-( but hopefully I can post something at least once a week. xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)