Saturday, December 13, 2014

Lack of free time, lack of sunny days, and a lack of inspiration

I'm sure you guys have noticed there's been some silence on my blog lately. If I could, I would write a blog post every day because I truly enjoy it. But, life gets in the way, and my blog gets pushed to the back burner. I've been wanting to create an outfit post for weeks...maybe even months. The problem is that my husband and I have one day off together, and that is a Sunday. And pretty much every Sunday it rains. Don't even get me started. It is a HUGE bummer. So, we spend most Sundays cooped up in the house. Buenos Aires has broken rain records this year....we've been on the receiving end of the most rain in 150 years! Sometimes it will even rain on Saturdays too...like right now. Too rainy to go out, and too dark to take any decent photos indoors. Can you sense my frustration?

And I know the dogs feel the same way as me. I mean, look at them now....



On the bright side, I think I will FINALLY finish the third Hunger Games book today.....Yes, I am that far behind on the whole Hunger Games craze. And I have a whole stack of books that's waiting for me after that. I miss reading. I wish I did it more. Yet another thing I put on the back burner.

Sorry for this rambling (and complaining) post. It can't all be sunshine and roses, right? I thought that you guys deserved an update. Now, what I AM excited for is Christmas with my family, that is coming oh-so-soon! I'm excited for spending some Q.T. with my parents, my brother and his girlfriend. I'm excited about making Christmas Eve appetizers (a tradition in my family) & some other yummy holiday treats, the amazing shopping that the US has to offer (not only the malls, but the supermarkets too....Whole Food and Trader Joe's, here I come! Side note: I have never been to a Trader Joe's before and am accepting any and all product recommendations.) I'm excited for that southwestern air, those dessert sunsets, and that feeling of disconnect from the big city. I'm excited for trying new restaurants and playing the role of customer instead of owner. And, I'm excited to take lots and lots of photos to post here! We'll also be taking a little trip to Vegas (my first!) and, GUESS WHAT.... I'm excited about that, too!

It will be a vacation much deserved, especially for my husband who has been working his butt off day AND night since we reopened the restaurant, and I could not be more proud. I honestly don't know how he does it. Tomas are you reading this post? Probably not. Don't worry, I'll let you know I gave you a shout-out. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!

What's everyone else been up to these days? What are you looking forward to in the coming weeks?

Wishing you all a very HAPPY WEEKEND! Thank you for reading! <3

5 comments:

  1. I did notice your silence. You've been missed! ;) It's actually the opposite in California. Record drought. BUT we've been getting rain and have been shouting to the rooftops about it. My boyfriend and I only share one day off & it's Sunday, too! Funny. I think my favorite thing from Trader Joe's is their tofu spring rolls. They come in a pack of two & come with this yummy peanut sauce. They have a lot of good pre made salads that I enjoy too. I've been having a hard time fitting in posting, too. Hopefully we can get back on track! Good luck! Haha.

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for your trip to Arizona too...........even though I won't be there. Make sure you buy a pair of cowboy boots and all the accessories that help you put them on and take off............then make them rock back in Buenos Aires!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When reading your post and you said, you're only day together is sunday, I thought: oh, reminds me of something and then I read, you have a restaurant!! Same as us, my boy-friend has a restaurant to and we spend very little time together and so sunday is kind of a wholy day for us.
    And it's so shitty that it's raining every sunday, I am feeling so sorry for you :( And especially because it's summer. I am happy for you that you'll be with your family in christmas, like me :)
    Living far away from them makes time with them even more precious.
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand, Chrystin! But don't worry, we all do what we can ;) I'm glad to see you back and I'm so excited for your trip! Can't wait to see your posts from the US, I'm sure you guys deserve to take a rest and just relax!
    Hopefully weather in Buenos Aires gets better before you leave for your trip, here in Salta is quite rainy too, but not as much as in Buenos Aires :/
    Take care, dear!

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, sorry about all the rainy days! It sounds like you have a LOT to look forward to this Christmas, though! Hooray! I've never been to a TJ's either, but Memphis might be getting one soon and I'm super stoked about it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)