Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread


                                            The "Phone Cord" Hair Tie!


I saw these at a beauty supply store in the States when I was home in September, and they intrigued me, so I bought two. The claim is that they don't pull or dent your hair. I have to say I wasn't really expecting them to work, but I love trying odd things and I also buy in to EVERYTHING, whether I believe it will actually be a miracle product or not. It's just who I am.

These are amazing. It's the only hair tie I use now for pony tails. And I wear my hair in a pony tail pretty much every single day. I can keep one of these ties in my hair for 2-3 days straight (TMI? No one washes their hair everyday anymore), and when I take my hair down, it looks fresh & without dents. It's amazing!

{Phone cord hair tie in place, debuting my new red-to-blonde ombre hair.}

I love them so much that I knew I needed more, and to my surprise I actually found them here in Argentina in Barrio Chino (Chinatown). I picked up three more. They are not exactly the same as the ones I bought in the States, though. I prefer the ones I bought in the States (the black one and the violet one) because they are thicker and I think they do a better job at not denting the hair. Sadly, my violet one broke, so I've been pretty much exclusively using the black one.

Ok, enough of me rambling on about phone cord hair ties. Just take my word for it, and buy one (if not several) of these.

I don't go to the gym, but I would imagine that this hair tie would be perfect to put in your hair when you work out, because when you are finished, you remove it, add a little dry shampoo and your hair is looking fab! You can check out some options here.

Have you tried this type of hair tie before? How do you wear/style your hair on a daily basis?

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes the smallest and unexpected things in life give you satisfaction. Who knew hair ties would fall into that category!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look cute!! I've never heard about these hair ties before but now I'm really curious and if I ever spot them in Salta I'll buy at least one :D Just like you, I wear my hair in a pony tail almost everyday, especially now in Summer cause it's too hot for loose hair.
    By the way, LOVE your ombre hair right now, it looks so cool! <333
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you see them, definitely pick some up! You will not be disappointed. In Buenos Aires, it's impossible to wear your hair down during the summer time too....just way too hot and humid! This may be the summer that we finally go and buy an air conditioner haha

      Delete
  3. i had some i remember using as a key chain, but this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try these! I'm sure they sell them at most beauty supply stores in the US. I haven't worn another hair tie since!

      Delete
  4. Are they really that good? I read about them on another blog and than saw them in a store but didnt buy because I couldn't imagine that they really work...now you too, hm...Maybe worth a try. If I could just remember where I saw them...
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really THAT GOOD. I was skeptical at first too, but thought I'd give them a try anyway. I literally wear them every day---they are so comfortable and leave your hair looking fresh & voluminous when you take your hair down instead of dented & awkward. You might be able to find them at a bazaar, or China Town if there is one in Barcelona. xx

      Delete
  5. Intriguing! Thanks for sharing. You've really got me interested especially the gym hair part.

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured that these hair ties would appeal to many for that very reason. I think I'm in the minority that doesn't go to the gym. :-/ But I find them very useful in my everyday life anyway. Let me know if you pick some up, and how you like them! They also have them in different sizes which is nice too...my hair is more on the fine side, so I picked up the smaller size and they work great!

      Delete
  6. I've never even heard of this before! Good to know it works. I'll have to try them out if I see one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them a try! Whenever I find a product I love, I feel it is my duty to spread the word and "share the wealth" haha Everyone deserves to be free from that inevitable post-ponytail dent!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)