Monday, November 17, 2014

Suerte, Uma!


We found an adopter for Uma, and what's even better is that she is an old friend of Tomas'! She came to our house on Saturday to pick up Uma, and I could instantly tell that Uma felt comfortable with her and that she's going to be very happy in her new home. Although, I'd be lying if I didn't say I shed QUITE A FEW tears this weekend.


This experience has solidified the fact that I do want to have a cat of my own one day, when the time is right. My only fear is that I won't have the same connection as I did with Uma! Maybe I'm just being crazy, but boy did that cat bring out the emotional side of me!


In other Uma news, Uma may not be an UmA, but rather an UmO. Her new mom brought her to the vet today and her vet seems to think that Uma is a boy!  I think it's so hard to tell at this point because it is such a baby? This is my first cat experience, so I don't know how this goes, but that is just my guess. Any cat experts out there know when you can tell for sure when a kitten is a boy or a girl? 


We wish Uma the best in her (his?) new home! We miss her dearly, but are so grateful to have found her and given her this opportunity at a second chance at life! xoxo

14 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Ours just turned 7 months but he was as small when we got him

    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so sweet! I'd love to see pictures of him! I'll be checking out your blog soon! xx

      Delete
  2. LOL! That's what happened to me! I thought my cat a girl at first, too! His name was Ivy because I found him in the ivy. It was purrrfect. Haha. But now he's name is Oliver. The vet told me he was boy. I did not do well figuring it out on my own. I did Google it to figure it out but yah, I failed.

    You'll fall in love with another cat. No worries ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's so funny that that happened to you too! And we were so satisfied with our first name as well! Now he's called Isidro, but I'll always think of that cat as sweet little Uma.

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness! That kitty is so cute. It makes me want adopt a kitten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a sweetheart! We ended up finding a forever home for him with one of my husband's friends, but I hope that one day when the time is right, we can adopt a kitten of our own.

      Delete
  4. I have had that happen.... when kittens are super small it can be hard to tell. I had a cat as a kid that I thought was a girl until one day, we noticed huge balls. LOL, the cat was nearly a year old! I am so glad he has a home though!

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha once you realized a year later that it was a boy, did you change the name or did you leave it as so much time had passed? I guess it's good that we found out sooner rather than later! I'm so glad he has a forever home too! Thanks for your kinds words xx

      Delete
  5. Cutie, I am happy for you and Uma that you found someone! Thats really great. I would love to have both cats and/or dogs but actuatlly it means a lot of responsability and right now, working full time, this is not possible.
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! And I hear you about the lack of time to take care of animals in the home. I definitely have my plate full, but we try to make it work! xx

      Delete
  6. Omg, I read the previous post and this one and I can't express in words how happy I feel for Uma, you guys must be real guardian angels for those poor animals. In answer to your previous question, yes I have found and rescued abandoned animals, all of which were kittens. I remember at first my mum wouldn't like the idea pretty much, but she has a kind heart so then she even helped me to foster those kittens :) Isn't it one of the best feelings ever? Knowing that you might have saved an animal's life? :')
    Oh! This is funny: one of my rescued kittens has the same colors than Uma, and we though it was female, too, but uh-oh! "she" turned up to be a "he" lol! He's called Lider 'cause he was the bravest of all of his siblings :D
    Again, I'm so happy for Uma and I wish her/him (!) all the best <333

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you writing about your 4 (or 5?) kittens in a "facts about me" post that you wrote, and I was so delighted to hear that you saved all of their lives! I knew instantly we would get along well (even though we have never met in person haha)
      I'm so happy for Uma (now, Isidro) too! He's in great hands, but I still miss him! xx

      Delete
  7. Aww, I'm so glad s/he has a great new home now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for a happy home for him'/her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)