Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Black Friday Purchases

I kept myself in check this year, and limited my Black Friday shopping to just one store: Missguided. I first found out about Missguided a few months ago via the blog, In the Frow. The blogger, Victoria, is always showcasing all of her cute purchases from there, and I knew that I needed to check it out. I was weary about placing an order while everything was full-priced (since I have never made any purchases from there before), so I thought Black Friday was the perfect opportunity to try out what Missguided has to offer.

The past year I have been going through a British clothing phase, making a lot of clothing purchases from Topshop, Asos, and now,  Missguided. The online clothing stores I've found from the UK (and Europe) seem to take more risks in their design and have fun with it. While I have toned down my style as I've gotten older, I am FAR from conservative. So, lets get to the fun part!

My Black Friday Purchases:

ONE MIDI SKIRT
Alyx Zip Side Split Midi Skirt in Khaki
(Originally $28.48)


TWO CO-ORD SETS
Elania Long Sleeve Ribbed Jersey Crop Top in Oxblood (Originally $18.98)
Pearl Ribbed Jersey Midi Skirt in Oxblood (Originally $28.48)


Martha Contrast Panel Textured Crop Top in White
(Originally $28.48)

Tillie Contrast Panel Textured Midi Skirt in White
(Originally $28.48)


ONE OVERCOAT
Celine Teddy Faux Fur in Pink
(Originally $104.48)


The Sale: Get 30% off of everything when you type in CYBER30 at checkout!
_________________________________________________________________________________
So, how much money did I save?

ORIGINAL TOTAL: $237.38

TOTAL AFTER SALE: $152.87
(30% off all items, plus jacket was on double sale: marked down + 30% off)

I SAVED: $84.51!!!

I've turned into a bit of a sale fiend over the past few years, and now I wonder why I ever paid full price for things!

Have you shopped the Black Friday sales yet, or are you waiting for Cyber Monday?

26 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great!!! I love sale. People say, the only stuff sold is because it's out of fashion but for me that doesn't matter at all and you can make some good bargains. Black friday is something not existent here in spain and I didn't think of purchasing something online but actually you are right, why not!! NExt year I will definitely have it on my mind ;)
    Oh and btw great clothes you bought, I love each and every piece!! Do you celebrate thanksgiving in Argentina? I mean, not the argentinians, I know they don't. I mean you, as an american costumbre.
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think the same thing----the only things that are on sale are the things that nobody wants. I still sort of think that for in-store sales, especially since everybody picks over everything. I much prefer shopping sales online, and basically all the shopping I do now is online, and on sale!
      As for celebrating Thanksgiving here, I think 2 out of the 4 Thanksgivings that I have been in Buenos Aires we made Thanksgiving dinner. Since my husband and I have a restaurant, we are only home for dinner together 1-2 nights a week and since Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday we are always working. It's strange that I don't make more of an effort though, since Thanksgiving used to be my favorite holiday back in the States.

      Delete
  2. Love the midi skirt. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I only own one now, and can't wait to add a few more to my collection!

      Delete
  3. Love what you bought! You'll have to show us how they look on you :)

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to wear them over the holidays!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely loved all the items!!! Especially the black and white set as it's not only cool and trendy but also very flattering. Can't wait to see you wearing them!!
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I bought the black & white set with a specific occasion in mind....Tomas and I are going with my family to Las Vegas over the holidays and I realized I don't have any chic going-out attire! Hope this is as flattering on me as it is on the model!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. There's not much more satisfying than finding a great deal! haha

      Delete
  6. wow you really got some great deals!!! I'm in love with the pink coat you got! I'm actually considering buying it as well! question... is it warm? haha the weather is pretty chilly in Ohio right now so if I'm going to get a new coat it needs to be a really warm one! Hope you are having a great week!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the coat in person yet...I'm having it shipped to my house in the US, so I'll get to see it at Christmas time! It looks like it will be pretty warm....not that I really need that in Buenos Aires....but I've been eyeing it for months, and I just couldn't resist! The fabric and the color are just so amazing, and I'm happy it's finally going to be mine :-D

      Delete
  7. I love that midi skirt and teddy coat!! I have one in white, they look so good and chic! Lovely choice Chrystin..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the coat might be my favorite....I've been lusting over it for a couple months now, and then I happened upon those other gems. I can't wait to wear them over the holidays!

      Delete
  8. Super super nice items *_*

    kisses

    Francesca http://everydaycoffee23.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love look number 2!!! Do you have a hard time receiving packages in BA?

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I will only be receiving the skirt from look #2 because the top is all sold out, and when I ordered, the website wasn't updated! Oh well, I'll find something else to match.
      As for receiving packages in BA, I never had anything directly delivered here. I always ordered things, had them sent to my mom's house and then she would send them down here. But, as the years have gone on, they've gotten more and more strict about things coming into the country---there are more lines at the post office, more hours spent waiting, and the last time I was there they actually go through your package in front of you. It's ridiculous. I decided it wasn't worth it anymore, so I haven't received any packages in almost a year. It's funny the things you take for granted in the US, even something so simple as receiving a package is a whole complicated process here. :-/

      Delete
  10. I love the pink faux fur!
    Valentina

    http://www.mybubblyzone.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valentina! I can't wait to wear it!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope they are just as cute in person!

      Delete
  12. love the coat :)

    I'm running a "Christmas" giveaway (lorac pro pallet+ the wet brush), if you're interested, check this link:
    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my eye on it for a while, and so glad I finally decided to get it! Can't wait to wear it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)