Monday, November 3, 2014

Hot Town, Summer in the City


Last weekend it was sunny & scorching hot. With temperatures in the high 80s, it really started to feel like summer was around the corner. On our day off, Tomas and I decided to hit up the San Telmo fair (which we haven't been to in years), and enjoy some time walking around, having a "tourist" day.


In terms of getting dressed for the day, I wanted to look cute, but still stay cool in whatever I was wearing. Normally, I don't go shopping for clothes in Argentina, but ironically my entire outfit here is all purchased in Argentina, with the exception of the shoes.


The latest addition to my wardrobe is the romper, which I know I will get a ton of use out of this summer. It's so light & comfy, and in my favorite color to wear...black. It does have a pineapple print on it, which at least brings some summery vibes into the outfit.

I paired the romper with a metallic mesh top, which I bought on sale a couple of years ago, and have only ever worn it to the beach before. It's one of those purchases that I've thought about bringing to consignment, but for one reason or another never did, and I'm glad I kept it.

And of course, I have to finish my look off with some kicks. I ordered these Reebok sneakers online, and have been wearing them ever since opening the box. They are super comfy and they go with everything. If you are a sneaker person, you need to get these.


There's a lot of great street art in Buenos Aires, especially in San Telmo, where there's either an awesome mural or cool graffiti waiting for you around every corner. It's something I really love about this city, and makes for some amazing photos.




And of course I couldn't leave the fair without getting something...


How gorgeous is this necklace?! And at $150 pesos, it was a total bargain. I love finding one-of-a-kind items at the fair, and that feeling of having something special that no one else has.

Wearing:
Romper - HANS Black Ant  (Avenida Callao (corner of Arenales) - Recoleta, Buenos Aires)
Metallic Mesh Top - boutique on Avenida Santa Fe (btw. Callao & Rodriquez Peña) - Recoleta)
Bag - Zara
Shoes - Reebok Lifestyle Classic Nylon W (here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, just in case you were wondering, the summer weather has already come and gone, and currently it is pouring rain and in the 50s. Luckily(?), I was sick this weekend, so I'm not AS angry that I was stuck inside the entire time. But, I'm still looking for the sun...

28 comments:

  1. salir con paraguas piloto y botas de goma besis andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias a Dios que termino la lluvia terible!

      Delete
  2. And you look cute, indeed! Love your romper and the way you styled it. How gorgeous is San Telmo! There's such an 'artistic vibe' in that place, I don't know, I love it. Your necklace is gorgeous, too! Great purchase ;)
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The street art in San Telmo is amazing. That neighborhood has such character! And every time I go to the San Telmo fair I find a unique treasure! Do you have any ferias artesanales in Salta on the weekends?

      Delete
  3. loving the print on this!! so adorable

    francesca
    Frank Vinyl

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a distance the romper looks like beige but you are right, it's black with a pattern, really cute!! So summer's just around the corner, don't worry ;)
    Love the neckless and the barrio seems great, actually I can't remember if I've been to San Telmo (osh brain) but it looks really alternative and interesting.

    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Telmo is a really interesting neighborhood with a ton of character. So different from any other neighborhood in BsAs, and actually whenever I go to San Telmo I feel like I am in a different city completely. Between the artisan fair and the street art, I keep getting drawn back to San Telmo, like a moth to a flame haha

      Delete
  5. OHHH !!!! Mi buenos aires querido,me encanta las fotos,el obelisco,avenidas,como te habia dicho soy argentina pero vivo desde pequeña en madrid,me emociona verlo,muy guapa tu,espero hables español,sino lo escribo en ingles,ok? Besos stylovely.com/brookan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Antonella! Hay que volver a visitar tu pais, mientras yo estoy esperando ir de vuelta a España! xx

      Delete
  6. Love your romper and bag, good style! You look so happy and pretty heer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Rach! I love finding little gems like this one at the artisan fairs!

      Delete
  8. loved seeing your city. i have never been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the photos! I know that many people have not been to Argentina, so I try to post as many photos as I can on the blog so people can get a little glimpse into my life! xx

      Delete
  9. Wow, that street art is gorgeous. Your romper is cute, too. :)

    Christina
    cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! The next trip after your Euro trip should be a South American trip! I'm dying to visit other places in South America, but we just never have time to take vacations down here. We use our vacation time to go to the US every year, but hopefully this January we might be able to do a little trip somewhere down here for our anniversary. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  10. the necklace is nice here and love all the street art!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the photos, and thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  11. Buona domenica e a presto.

    WWW.ANGELICHIC.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks, Athena!! Glad you enjoyed this post! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)