Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Palo Pandolfo & My Love for Argentine Rock


I have to thank Tomas for introducing me to the world of Argentine Rock. It's funny to think that years ago, I was cruising in my Jeep (RIP...well it's not dead, it just has another owner now), with the windows down, blasting hip-hop. I hated country music, and never thought twice about listening to rock music. Oh, how the times have changed. 

One of my favorite Argentine Rock artists is Palo Pandolfo, who we have seen in concert three times now. The height of his popularity was in the 90s, but he still produces music and does concerts to this day. In fact, there is a concert on Saturday that I wish I could go to! His music has such an interesting sound, and his style is so unique. He does what he wants, and is just cool that way. You guys know what I'm talking about.


I could listen to his music over and over again, and usually do. It hasn't gotten old for me yet. I've actually been on the hunt for one of his albums from the 90s when he was part of the band, Los Visitantes, and can't seem to find it anywhere! Until the glorious day when I find it, there is always YouTube and Grooveshark.

My favorite song from Palo (when he was a part of Los Visitantes)...



A couple of weeks ago, Palo was opening for another group, Onda Vaga, at our favorite venue, Konex. Of course, we HAD to go. 


Tomas even ended up meeting Palo after his performance! At the moment, I was VERY upset that I missed out on that opportunity, but I'm sure we will be seeing Palo in concert again soon. :-D



Palo Pandolfo performing "El LeƱador" 
- October 12, 2014 @ Konex -


10 comments:

  1. That looks like great fun!!! It's always good to be open minded. Still, country music is nothing for me and rock only, if it's not to hard. Although it's always something completely different to see a band life.
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's funny to me is that I used to hate country music---I would refuse to listen to it. Then on one of my vacations in Arizona I started listening to it, liked it, and now I always associate country music with being on vacation in Arizona and it immediately makes me feel happy and relaxed. As for rock, I'm getting more and more into it everyday!

      Delete
  2. Cool! You like Palo Pandolfo!!! My sister introduced me to his music years ago and I really liked his songs! It's great giving a try to different kinds of music and it's even greater when you discover some artist or band that you like :)
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Palo Pandolfo is not an artist I would have discovered own my own (a little before our time), but Tomas loved him during his teenage years and now that he has introduced me to his music, now we can enjoy listening together!

      Delete
  3. Great singer! I've never heard of him before but now I want to know more! you are so lucky you are over there to go to his concerts!!!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His concerts are so fun! I've seen him live three times now, and I could see him another three times!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the rock world. Glad you enjoy it :)

    Christina
    cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, Christina! Maybe you can share some of your favorite American rock songs with me and I can share some of my favorite Argentine rock songs with you!

      Delete
  5. That's so cool that Tomas got to meet him! Hopefully you will too the next time you hear him play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so!!! I can't wait to go to another concert!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)