Wednesday, October 15, 2014

And then there were three...

Tomas and I alternate taking Agatha and Willy out in the morning. Basically it's whoever wakes up first, and that's usually Tomas on weekdays and me on weekends. So anyway, Tomas went to take Agatha and Willy out yesterday morning while I stayed in bed. A few minutes later (maybe it was more, I was sleeping after all), they were back...Willy jumped onto the bed to wake me up, but I wasn't going to budge. Then Tomas said, "Look what I found...."


I opened my eyes and there was a puppy at the foot of the bed.  Yep, that got me up. Apparently, Tomas came across it tied to a pole in the alleyway in front of our apartment building. Homeless dogs in Argentina are a common sight, but it's not that common that you see a puppy (I can only remember seeing two in the 3+ years that I've been here).


So, I'm sharing this on my blog in hopes to reach more people and find a home for this little sweetie! If you are in Argentina and are reading this, please share this post! We have given her the name Cindy because A.) It's so darn cute, and B.) I've been wanting (for a while now) to name a pet "Cindy".



As much as we would love to keep her, we already have two adopted dogs and our situation is a bit complicated. That being said, we plan to foster her until we find her a home.

I took her to the vet yesterday, got her some parasite and flea medicine, and next week I will be taking her for her shots. She's very sweet, gives lots of kisses, follows you wherever you go and LOVES to play.


According to the vet, she's somewhere between 8 and 12 months old (not as young as we originally thought!), which means that she will grow a bit more but I don't think she's going to be a large dog (like I originally thought...I've been wrong on two accounts now haha).


So......
Let's find this pretty little gal a loving, forever home! 

18 comments:

  1. Ohhh she is so cute!! I wish you good luck that you find someone for her, I can imagine that it will be difficult...PEople are so stupid to buy animals as if it were objects and just get rid of them when they are no longer "needed" or not so cute puppies any more.
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It breaks my heart to see abandoned pets, and animals that never even had the chance to have a home at all! One day I could see myself with my own animal shelter. As for Cindy, it looks like she will have a new forever home soon! As of now, we are taking turns caring for her with a neighbor, until she is able to have the dog full time!

      Delete
  2. I wish Cindy could come live with me and baby Goose (and Eric, I guess)... ship her over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll cost you a pretty penny, but she's worth it! Although, I think she may taken already! :-)
      Right now, a neighbor and I are taking turns caring for Cindy until she can take her full time!

      Delete
  3. Aww poor little Cindy! I really hope she can find a home as soon as possible! :( She is extremely cute <333
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Cindy, is right. But, now she is going to get the life she deserves! Right now a neighbor and I are taking turns caring for her, until she can take her full time! :-D

      Delete
  4. Ahh is so sweet! Hope you'll find her a home!
    http://adelinaschoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! She's on her way to her forever home!

      Delete
  5. She looks like such a sweetheart! You two have big hearts fostering until Cindy gets a forever home. I hope she finds one soon. Keep us updated!

    Christina
    cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! A neighbor fell in love with her, and right now we are taking turns caring for her until she can take Cindy full time! xx

      Delete
  6. Aweee Cindy is adorable!!!! you and your guy are so kind for fostering and helping to find her a home! I also have two adopted dogs and I can understand why a third one is not a very good decision haha dogs are like kids, the good and the bad! the fun and the responsibility :) I truly hope someone with a kind heart finds a special place in their home for Cindy! Please keep us updated!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of my dogs as kids too! They are fun, but a huge responsibility, and with two I already have my hands full! A neighbor fell in love with Cindy (it's hard not to!) and we are taking turns caring for her, until she can take Cindy full time! Yay for happy endings! xx

      Delete
  7. oh my gosh this doggie is too adorable! I wish I could take him home

    Frank Vinyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't already have two dogs, or if my situation was a bit different, we would love to keep her! Fortunately, Cindy caught the eye of one of our neighbors and we are taking turns caring for her, until she can take Cindy full time!

      Delete
  8. Aww she is SO cute!! We came across a stray earlier this week too! Though we found her owners (they were out looking for her the next day). I hope you can find a great home for this little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved that story about the dog and it's owners on your blog! Right now we are taking turns caring for the dog with a lady in our building, but hopefully she will be able to adopt her "full-time" soon!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)