Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Beauty Wish List

There's no Sephora in Argentina. There's no Ulta. There's no Blue Mercury. So, as you probably could have guessed, I have accumulated quite a bit of things on my beauty wish list over the past eight months (the last time I was in the US). I thought I'd share some of my "Most Wanted" items because......why not?


Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick
The color range is so fun, with lots of different shades you don't see from most lipstick lines. There's a great mix of matte, metallic, shimmer & iridescent shades! You know I can never say no to shimmer.







Bumble & bumble  Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Range
This collection includes sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner which claim to give you that "I just left the salon" look. Really curious to see if this one lives up to the claims, because so far it's looking pretty amazing to me.





Sephora Collection Eyelash Curler
I've had the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler on my beauty wish list for a while because I had heard RAVE reviews about it, but apparently it is no longer sold in the US, so I took to Sephora and this curler seemed to get good reviews. Anyone try this, or have any suggestions for an eyelash curler?





Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush
When these blushes first launched, it seemed like everywhere I looked, a beauty blogger was talking about these. Now the hype has subsided, but that doesn't necessarily mean these are any "lesser" than they used to be. All of the colors are beautiful, and I like the idea having a little highlight mixed into my blush.




it Cosmetics Bye, Bye Under Eye Corrector
Somehow my dark circles always manage to "shine" through to the surface, no matter what concealer I'm wearing (especially under my left eye, for some strange reason). Obviously, I need some heavy-duty stuff, so when I saw Amelia Liana review this corrector/concealer, it immediately got added to my list.




LORAC PRO Palette 2
Both of the Lorac palettes are known for being not only pigmented, but buttery & blendable as well! I'm honestly not sure which one I like better, but I think I'd like to try my hand at the latest edition. 




Stila "Stay All Day" Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
I turn 27 in one month, and I think it's time that I master the cat eye. But first, I must get myself a proper liquid liner. I've heard this one is user-friendly, which is a must when I'm looking to buy anything eyeliner-related.




NARS Audacious Lipsticks (yet to be released!)
I honestly can't believe how many new colors NARS has come out with! It's certainly overwhelming, but in a good way. From the swatches & reviews I have seen online, they look like a must for your makeup up bag. My favorite shades are the deeper brown & berry shades, as well as some of the MLBB shades.


NARS Audacious Lipsticks (Photo from Temptalia)

And who could forget the department store makeup brands?!

My Top Make-Up Counters to check out:
-MAC
-Clarins 
-Clinique
-Jouer
-Chanel
-Charlotte Tillbury (I don't think that there is a makeup counter for Charlotte Tillbury,
but they are now carrying the 'Filmstar Killer Cheekbones' Set at Nordstrom!)

* If you love all things makeup, and like to keep up with the latest and greatest launches, Temptalia is a website definitely worth checking out. She writes amazing review posts including detailed descriptions, swatches and dupes! In recent weeks/months, I've become a huge fan of the site!


Have you tried any of the above products? What items are currently on your beauty wish list?

18 comments:

  1. That's the coolest lipstick I think I've ever seen
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just love the packaging, and I can't wait to swatch the colors in person!

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try out kat von d makeup!
    Check out my blog and maybe we can follow each other? Hope to hear from you!
    Natalie

    www.maralmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried anything from her yet either. I've always admired the different products she comes out with, but this lipstick collection really caught my eye! Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi there! Argentine needs to open up a Sephora so badly! haha I know exactly what you are talking about though, I don't think there is one in Peru either (where I grew up) or at least there was none there until I moved to Ohio. To be honest I'm not super into beauty products, I'm more into fashion but now and then I like to splurge in some good products from Sephora :) from your list! everything looks amazing but what really caught my eye is the bumble & bumble hair products! I purchased one styling creme a while ago and it worked wonders!!! so I've been thinking about buying their shampoo and conditioner too! it is so pricey though, I'm afraid I will buy it, love it and then not being able to stop buying it haha anyways thanks for sharing such a lovely post, I really enjoyed reading it :)
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they will be opening a Sephora here anytime soon, but I'm sure if they did I wouldn't even go because I would be traumatized by all the prices in pesos haha
      I know what you mean about the bumble & bumble products---so expensive!! But so good. I'm just dying to try out that shampoo though...I'll post a review here if I get it!

      Thanks for your comments, Milu---they're always so thoughtful :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow that first lipstick.. It looks great!!

    XX

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/Floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great list! I hope Sephora will come to Argentina :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! One can dream....
      Do you have a favorite product on the list?

      Delete
  6. I love love red lipstick, and that pro palette is dreamy indeed! <3
    Emilia's Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :-) I love darker lipsticks in general---I always seem to gravitate towards them for one reason or another, no matter what time of year it is. I'm trying to get into the nude, everyday colors, but I find that a lot of the lighter colored lipsticks really wash me out. Have you tried either of the lorac pro palettes?

      Delete
  7. ooo the second you try that bumble & bumble line let me know how it works! that sounds super promising- can't wait to have picture perfect hair ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard quite a bit about this line and it does sound like it delivers amazing results...with a pretty hefty price tag, of course! I'll let you know if I try it, and how it is! xx

      Delete
  8. it looks amazing, absolutely love it!!
    Take a look at my blog :)
    http://coldinvitation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried any of these yet. I look forward to hearing what you think after you try them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I manage to snatch any of these up, I'll be sure to keep you posted!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)