Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Todo o Nada! (Part 2)

As you may have already learned in my blog post yesterday, last night was Agatha's big national television debut on "A Todo o Nada."

They told us not to take photos, and since I follow instructions, I wasn't planning on taking any.
When I realized no one was following the "rules," Tomas and I snapped this quick selfie
with the "A Todo o Nada" set in the background.
In hindsight, I wish I had taken more photos!

So, let me tell you a little bit about the game...
In order to win the prize, Agatha had to cross a long, shallow pool of water and then knock down all of the bowling pins at the end of the pool. Before the show airs, they have all the dogs practice first---which is  partly to their advantage and partly to their disadvantage. Some dogs enter the water during the practice round, realize they don't like it, and then when it comes to be their turn on live TV they want nothing to do with it. In Agatha's case, she entered the water without much hesitation, but when she had to knock over the bowling pins, she fumbled a bit the first time, which was to her advantage. When it was time for her to go again on live TV, she crossed the pool, arrived at the bowling pins and tried to avoid knocking them over, only tipping over two I believe. I honestly don't remember much...it all happened so fast.

I was on one side of the pool calling for Agatha, trying to lure her through the obstacle, waving a jar of peanut butter in my hand (her favorite), while Tomas was on the other end of the obstacle. What's supposed to happen is that the owners leave the dog at one end of the obstacle, run to the other end, and start calling the dog. Well, the big dog before us broke part of the obstacle, and while the crew tried to repair it, they had Tomas waiting with Agatha, while I was already going to the other side of the obstacle.  Because of this delay, Tomas didn't get to my side in time and didn't make it on TV! Although he wasn't all that excited about appearing on TV,  he saw it as the exciting reward for waiting outside (yes, the studio was OUTSIDE, underneath a highway overpass) for two hours. Isn't it crazy how on TV everything seems to be a certain way, and when you get to see the reality it is SO different. In any case it was a cool experience and I'm glad we did it. Agatha did fabulously! She may just have been one of the most well-behaved and obedient dogs there. It was a proud (dog)parent moment, and we feel so blessed that she has been a part of our lives for the past three years :-)

As for Willy, he stayed at home since he gets nervous & stressed easily, but we left the TV on for him so he could watch his sister. Crazy dog parents? Maybe so. I don't care. I love it.

Happy Saturday! Oh, and USA, I'll see you in 5 days :-D

13 comments:

  1. Ohhh I didn't know your lovely Agatha appeared in the show!! I don't watch much Argentina TV either (cause I love American series and that's all I watch) but I could've watched this if I knew! Now she's a star in the dog world!! ;) So happy for her.
    Are we gonna read some posts from the US during your trip? Hope so! :)
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy to think that Agatha was once a dog abandoned/stranded in the middle of the autopista, and now she's living in a loving home and just made her TV debut!
      What are some of your favorite American TV series?
      And yes, I am going to post as much as I can while I am in the US! I just hope I don't get too lazy while I'm in vacation mode haha

      Delete
  2. that sounds amazing!! looking lovely :) www.youhadmeatvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty cool experience! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  3. THIS IS AWESOME. Congrats Agatha!

    I mean.. Goose went swimming this weekend (once on purpose, once by accident), so I thought that was an accomplishment, then I find out that Aggie is a tv superstar. Also, I like that Agatha is into peanut butter.. spoon foods like her mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since being on TV, Agatha has a requested an upgrade in the quality of her food. What a diva. Just kidding, kind of....she received two bags of special food for participating and now she doesn't want to eat her old food.
      Who instigated Goose's "by accident" swimming? Haha At least he swims! My dogs don't swim. I was honestly surprised Agatha even stepped foot in the water, not once, but twice! I mean when we take her out and it's wet, she tries to avoid even stepping in puddles. I think she knew what she had to do though, and gave herself a little pep talk.
      And yes, I am passing on the spoon foods tradition----currently I hold the spoon for her....now if I could just get her to spoon out the peanut butter herself, that would be awesome.

      Delete
  4. This is SO cool! Is there any chance her episode will be on Youtube? I'd love to see her preform!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)