Sunday, July 6, 2014

You give me fever...

...World Cup fever, that is.

While I'm pretty bummed that the United States is out of the World Cup, I was very impressed with how they played, which has made me really excited for the USA's future in soccer. In the meantime, I can keep up with Tim Howard's whereabouts via Facebook.  I have to say, I've got a special place in my heart for all of the goalies that participated in the World Cup. Every game I usually pick a favorite player, and (pretty much) without fail, it's a goalie.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you some World Cup-fueled photos from the past few weeks!

My work uniform for most of the month of June....
Alternating between these two jerseys. 

Agatha in her Stars & Stripes

Argentine Flag-Inspired Cookies
I really only bought them because they were festive,
but they turned out to be pretty darn delicious.

I would say that Willy is more American, and Agatha more Argentine,
but I didn't feel comfortable dressing my son in a woman's sweater.
One of these days I'm going to learn how to crochet dog sweaters...

Can't have cookies without a mate to accompany them!

Tensions were running high at the Argentina vs. Switzerland game...




After the Argentina vs. Belgium game....TOMA!




How could I not bookend this series of photos with this picture?

Do you guys still have World Cup fever too?

I found some pretty interesting World Cup-inspired makeup tutorials online today. All of the videos posted below include tutorials for the remaining teams in the World Cup! You'll find makeup inspiration for Brazil & Germany in the first video, Holland in the second, and Argentina in the third!
I think I might try out the Argentina World Cup Makeup Tutorial if they make it to the finals!
See you on Wednesday, Holland! ;-)







13 comments:

  1. Great to see you posting again! I've missed your great blog. Love all the pics! Marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marta!! I know, it really has been too long since I last posted...I'm trying to fit in blogging time as best as I can! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow lovely photos! Looks like you had a great day! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a really fun month experiencing the World Cup here in Argentina!

      Delete
  3. Agatha is such a cutie! I definitely dress my dog up too! I'm not watching the World Cup (we're more of a basketball family), but I understand getting really involved in the game! We do that with basketball! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's a cutie too! But that's just me being a biased dog mom haha
      To be honest, I never watched the World Cup before, at least not until this year, and I have just gotten sucked in! It doesn't hurt that people are crazy for soccer here or the fact that Argentina has made it to the finals! xx

      Delete
  4. Not that many people around my area is really into the world cup so I have not been crazy about it this year, but if I were in Peru, Lima to be specific I'm sure I would have the fever for sure! love the little Argentinian flag looking cookies!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are very into the World Cup here, and I'm loving every second of it! I wish I had more of those Argentine flag cookies---they were so good! xx

      Delete
  5. Great World Cup post!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)