Sunday, July 13, 2014

Who'll stop the rain?

 Jacket- Nasty Gal; Top- River Island via Nelly (here); Jeans- Topshop; Boots- Clona; Bag- Las Pepas

We finally had some free time to shoot a few OOTD shots, and of course it started raining. I guess it is winter, so I should just get used to it and be grateful that it's only rain, and not snow!


Recently, I've been gravitating more toward neutral clothing, but that doesn't mean I still don't enjoy colorful pieces or mixing patterns. So, today I decided to take a neutral black & white striped top and pair it with some unexpected, floral embroidered jeans. I kept my shoes & jacket neutral, as well as my makeup and added come pops of color through my nails and my bag.



The jacket, the top, and the jeans are all pieces I got during amazing sales and they are some really comfortable, and quality pieces which I know will last me through seasons to come! I'd like to make a special note about the jeans which are from Topshop. The rise is perfect, the fit is perfect, the length is perfect....everything about these jeans is PERFECT. So, after being quite pleased with this pair, I purchased another pair from Topshop which also fit like a glove & are super comfortable. I think it's safe to say I finally found the perfect brand of jeans for my body type. If you haven't tried Topshop jeans yet, I think they are definitely worth checking out.




We could only take a few photos outside before it started pouring, so I took some close-ups of my makeup & nails inside...

~Neutral Eyes & Lips~
Eyeshadow: NYX Adorable Palette;
Eyeliner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 006 Deep Blue (upper lash line)
& 004 Taupe (lower lash line);
Lipliner: Rimmel Lasting Finish- 1,000 Kisses Stay-On Lip Pencil in 049 Natural;
Lipstick: NARS Dolce Vita; Lipgloss: NARS Sweet Revenge


Nail Polish: L'oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Vernis in 604 Metropolitan
Accent Nail: Maybelline Color Show in Fierce 'N Tangy + Sephora by OPI Only Gold for Me (glitter topcoat)


Rainy days mean lounging on the couch with the baby...




What do you guys do on a rainy day? I caught up on some of my favorite blogs, ordered in sushi, watched the Brazil vs. Holland game, wrote this blog post, and now I think I'll do some crocheting.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :-)

25 comments:

  1. So love the outfit and the makeup.......those jeans really pop! Also love the "baby".......perfect together! Marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marta! The jeans were such a great sales find...I'm glad I snatched them up in time before they were all sold out!

      Delete
  2. Love the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I had been sick of my other format for a while, but it was just a matter of sitting down and taking the time to change it. It could still be better, but for now this will do!

      Delete
  3. I have been in Buenos Aires a few years ago and I can remember that I found it difficult to find clothes I really liked...maybe I'm too used to all the franchise like H&M and Zara (I know, there is a Zara but it was wayyy to expensive, here in Spain its so much cheaper). So do you buy most of your stuff online or in the city?
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I have the same the struggle as you had, and I've been here for three years! I find it difficult to find clothes I like (as well as shoes). The big chain stores here are quite expensive, so I don't shop at them. Once in a while I will shop at Zara, but you are right, it is MUCH more expensive here than it is in Spain (I lived in Spain for one year and absolutely loved the shopping). That being said, Zara is still less expensive than most of the chains stores here. So, I buy most of my clothes online, and most of the things I buy through sales since we are two seasons behind here and I have to wait to use the clothes anyway. Occasionally I do go shopping here at the little boutiques in the "galerias"---which sell the really trendy clothes (with no brand name) for pretty cheap (but still overpriced haha). What are your favorite stores to shop at in Spain? I remember I loved all of the franchise stores---I think Blanco was probably my favorite, but then again, I loved them all!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I didn't see your answer before...where did you live in Spain?? You're right, shopping is awesome here, the prices are good and there is a lot of variety and pretty modern I'd say. I like all the big chains just like mango, inditex (preferably zara but you can find bargains in unterque, pull&bear, bershka, stradivarius etc.), cortefiel (womens secret cortefiel for shoes and bags) and I love to combine it with vintage pieces and some designer piece (if I can afford it). maybe you should start sewing :)
      and if not ordering online is a good option, i just don't know if they all deliver to argentina aswell.
      xx, sarah

      Delete
  4. nice pants!

    http://blondieanchors.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the print on your pants is lovely :) and you're right,it's so difficult to shoot decent outfit photos with such bad weather,it's a shame :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the pants great? When I saw them on Topshop.com, I knew I had to have them. It literally started raining the second we stepped out the door, and didn't stop all day! Maybe I just have to buy a lot of trendy raincoats haha

      Delete
  6. Rainy days definitely mean lots of time on the couch with my furbaby too! :) I love your striped shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing better than spending quality time with the furbabies. I currently have one of them lying in my lap as I write this :-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love experimenting with different colors & combinations on my nails, and this was the first time trying out a grey & yellow combo---a little different, but I loved it because it was neutral, yet stood out at the same time.

      Delete
  8. i love that striped shirt.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit. Love the embroidery on the pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the embroidery on the pants is my favorite part of the outfit! xx

      Delete
  10. i love that jacket!! need to have a look at nasty gal asap :) xx

    www.lackofcolor.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I first saw the jacket on Negin Mirsalehi, and knew I had to have it. Luckily for me, it was on sale when I went to buy it :-D

      I have to say Nasty Gal has some really cool stuff, but personally I think the items are overpriced for what they are (I learned my lesson after my very first purchase there). From then on, I've only shopped the sales and have been very pleased with my purchases! xx

      Delete
  11. Absolutely love your jeans! They remind me of Isabel Marant !

    My Makeup Mémoire 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I didn't know Isabel Marant made a similar pair of jeans....very cool! I will have to check out what hers look like online. xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)