Thursday, July 10, 2014

Argentina goes to the finals!


I have to be honest.... I didn't know if we would pull through yesterday, but Argentina played an awesome game and Romero (once again, goalie saving the day) worked his magic during penalty shots. And the second we scored that last penalty shot, Buenos Aires did not waste a second in beginning the celebration. An instant party ensued, with people cheering on the sidewalks dressed in their most festive outfits and crazy traffic filled the streets, everyone on their way to celebrate at the Obelisco. While Tomas and I couldn't escape from the bar, the team spirit was not only felt at the bar, but also around every single corner in Buenos Aires.

Some snapshots from the night....










If you want to see how the rest of the country celebrated, check out La Nacion's Photo Gallery here. I love looking at all the photos of everyone so happy & excited. Pretty crazy how important soccer is in the everyday person's life here.

Now, it's time to face Germany for the third time in the World Cup finals...May the best team win, and may the Pope be with us ;-)

10 comments:

  1. I still can't believe it!!! I'm SO happy and proud of our Team! And although football is just a sport, I love seeing Argentina united (for a change...) Oh, and the first picture in this post, the one from TN, that's an image of my city, Salta! :)
    Fingers crossed for this Sunday, yaaaay!!!

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that first photo was of Salta---thanks for letting me know! I was just snapping as many pics of the TV screen as I could, capturing people celebrating all over the country. It's a shame we didn't win yesterday, but everyone should still be proud that the Argentina team finished in second place! Now back to normal life I suppose... haha

      Delete
  2. WE WON!! How amazing is this!? Love the team!! Go Argentina!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last Wednesday was so exciting!! I was so glad I got to experience that! It would have been amazing to win yesterday as well, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be...Second place is still awesome, though!

      Delete
  3. enhorabuena!

    http://blondieanchors.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I wish the Argentina team had took home the Cup, but second place is still impressive to me!

      Delete
  4. that's awesome!:) the celebrations must have been amazing! great pictures!

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely really cool to experience!

      Delete
  5. Yay!! Looks like you guys were pretty excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun night!! I have some pretty cool videos too---I posted them on my Facebook!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)