Thursday, June 12, 2014

show your team spirit!

The World Cup starts today! This is the kind of information that I normally wouldn't know, but living in Argentina I think it's pretty much impossible not to know that the World Cup is here. There have been countdowns going on for what seems like ages. I'm getting quite excited about it, actually!
We've got Messi. What more do you need?!

But as excited as I am about The World Cup, this post is really more about fashion than soccer. Surprised?

It's easy to throw on a soccer jersey and cheer for your favorite team. But, it's much more fun to put together a festive yet stylish look, all the while incorporating the colors of your favorite team or home country!

I, for one, already have my outfit & nails planned. I'm really excited about it. Maybe too excited. What do you think of my "Vamos Argentina!" look?


Fine Knit Vent Back Top (River Island), Pixie Slim Fit Jeans (Pepe Jeans), Card Holder (Falcon Wright), Nail Polish (Maybelline Color Show in Fierce n' Tangy and Cool Blue).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I had such fun putting together my outfit, I thought that I'd choose one team from each tournament group and create patriotic looks using pieces I found online. These pieces are all everyday items which you will get use out of well after The World Cup is over! I hope this inspires some of you to get dressed up for The World Cup without having to sacrifice style!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ BRASIL ~






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ SPAIN ~






---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ COLOMBIA ~




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ ITALY ~




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ FRANCE ~





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ UNITED STATES ~


Also available via Urban Outfitters




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ BELGIUM ~




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd love to know.....Which look is your favorite? 
And, who are you cheering for?
Happy World Cup!

46 comments:

  1. U S A ...U S A... even though they probably don't have a prayer. But, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are playing really well this Cup! A shame what happened last night though...oh well, I guess we'll get 'em next time!

      Delete
  2. love the clutcH!

    http://blondieanchors.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute, right? I'm using all of my will power not to purchase all of the items I've featured here haha
      xx

      Delete
  3. Why is USA so sporty? I want a cute outfit like Bra(s/z)il's!!!!

    I will root for Argentina once USA is out :) Vamos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because we are so sporty! You can wear the Brazil outfit if you want though....I've been perusing the WWW and it seems as though people are predicting Brazil to take home the victory...

      Delete
  4. Lovely, dear!!

    Come from my blog sometime!!

    xoxo

    http://the-haute-strawberry.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg these are gorgeous! Love the skirts and tops especially :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    LIKE MY BLOG ON FACEBOOK :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I had so much fun putting together the looks! xx

      Delete
  6. Brazil look! You're such lovely blogger!
    My Lifestyle blog
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be a favorite of many! Such vibrant colors! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. De kaartenhouder vind ik echt fantastisch! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely combinations!:) The World Cup gives us great opportunity to experiment with our outfits!:)

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I wish I had all of these outfits in my closet ;-)

      Delete
  9. I'm so excited too!! Love your "Vamos Argentina!" outfit!! And the other outfits are awesome, love the Spain one! This World Cup fever is quite contagious in this country, isn't it? Fingers crossed this Sunday!! ;)
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been all that into sports, but you are right about The World Cup fever here! I think I've watched almost every single game! I'm so excited we'll be in the Octavos! Now I'm just hoping for USA to make it in, too! xx

      Delete
  10. Sono bellissimi capi d'abbigliamento per outfit perfetti, baci Angelichic

    WWW.ANGELICHIC.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad you like the combinations I put together! xx

      Delete
  11. belle e comodissime queste scarpe sportive, baci Angelichic

    WWW.ANGELICHIC.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful dear!!!!:)

    visit my blog:
    www.borsadimarypoppins.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great and interesting post! :)
    Love it!
    <3

    Come and visit my blog if you want!
    xx
    www.modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing outfits, I'll be cheering for Spain!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Such a shame about Spain... I was cheering for them too---I lived there for a short time and always felt a special connection to that country! xx

      Delete
  15. Wow love all these outfits! As I am from Italy, let's cheer for the Italian team ;)
    Kisses
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Will you be watching their game tomorrow?

      Delete
  16. Love that lace me up red heels. I need to get it.

    Hazel
    www.theskimplelife.com
    Follow me on Instagram: @theskimplelife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How amazing are those shoes?! I felt the same way when I stumbled across them online!

      Delete
  17. I really love this idea!!! You did a great job on it. I seriously love brasil colors... even though im mexican hahah I would totally rock that. thanks for your lovely comment on the blog! xo
    francesca
    FrankVinyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad you liked it :-) The Brazil outfit seems to be the favorite of many---it's hard not to like it, their country has such vibrant colors! But did you happen to see Mexico's game today? Vamos Mexico---a los Octavos ahora! xx

      Delete
  18. I love Spanish team's colors! Lovely post *_*
    kisses

    Francesca http://everydaycoffee23.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That outfit is quite the stunner, isn't it? Thanks for stopping by :-)
      xx

      Delete
  19. Bienvenido Chrystin :)

    Thankyou for visiting my blog and your sweet comment :)
    Now you've really collected the right items to celebrate the world cup in style!! <3
    Lovely work babe!
    Hugs & Kisses

    WWW.CHANEXT.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad you liked the post! :)

      Delete
  20. love the fringed bag!

    xx

    www.myblueberrynightsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post !xxKind of in love with your blog!
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great items!!

    XX
    www.floortjeloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea!! Love the Spain and France!!!
    sunmoonstyle.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you!! Glad you liked the post! I had so much fun putting the outfits together, and wish I had all of them in my closet haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)