Friday, April 4, 2014

The Easiest Cookie Recipe You Will Ever Make


The instant I finish a meal, I crave something sweet. Homemade sweets are ideal, but most of the time I don't have the patience to go out, buy the ingredients and then spend an hour baking, so I just go to the kiosk and get a chocolate bar instead. Recently, I came across a recipe for Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies on Cooking Classy. The moment I laid eyes on it I knew it was going to be a winner.

First of all, it requires 6 ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen (I had everything except the chocolate chips). Secondly, you use one bowl to combine everything, which means minimal dish washing. I love that. 

Once you have your ingredients in the bowl, it takes a few minutes to stir everything together, and only 10 minutes to bake. How amazing is that? Your homemade sweet fix in about 15 minutes time.


I did make a few changes to the recipe...
Instead of creamy peanut butter, I used crunchy because that's what I had on hand. The chocolate chips I used were miniature sized, so I found that I could use a little bit less than the suggested amount of one cup. Even with these small changes, they still turned out delicious!

I have to admit, I left the first batch in the oven a bit too long (definitely over 10 minutes) and they came out on the crunchy side. As for the second batch, I was very diligent and made sure to take them out exactly at the 10-minute-mark. Chewy little bites of heaven. This may become a weekly baking staple in our household...


I think I need go and have another one right now...

8 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I'm going to make these tomorrow. All I have is almond butter...I wonder what that would taste like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does almond butter have salt in it? (I only ask because I think the almond butter my mom buys is unsalted) If your almond butter is unsalted, you might need to add a little bit of salt to your recipe. Otherwise, I think it should work fine as long as you stir it up well so it's not runny before you add it to the bowl with the other ingredients!

      Delete
  2. These look yummy :)

    http://www.fashionjazz.co.za/febmarch-outfit-remix/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yummy!! That's why there's only one left now....oops!

      Delete
  3. Loooks delicious!!!!

    http://cleopatraskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so delicious! I think I'm going to have to make a new batch soon...like tomorrow :)

      Delete
  4. These cookies look super delicious Chrystin Gloria! The crunchy peanut butter sound so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid the cookies wouldn't turn out "perfect" because I was using crunchy peanut butter, but as it turned out, I really liked that added crunch!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)