Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Recreating the *Sprinkles* Experience


Every year I ask Tomas what kind of cake he wants for his birthday, and then I make his dreams come true. One year he requested vanilla cake with dulce de leche filling & peaches, while another year he requested a chocolate cake (with espresso) and ricotta & chocolate chip filling. This year Tomas has asked for RED VELVET. I was trying to think of when Tomas had even tried Red Velvet since it doesn't really exist here. Then I remembered...once I had made red velvet cupcakes from a Sprinkles baking kit and Tomas loved them. More recently when we were in Arizona, we noshed on Sprinkles cupcakes on NYE with my parents in front of the TV while watching the ball drop. I can't keep talking about this...I'm actually salivating over here. ANYWAY.... I just found a copycat Sprinkles Red Velvet Cupcake recipe online and cannot wait to make it for Tomas. These cupcakes are going to be SO good...or at least I hope so!

Until then, here are some photos of the real Sprinkles cupcakes to drool over...






Maybe I overdid it on the cupcake photos? Two probably would have been sufficient. But then again, two photos do not do justice to my love for cupcakes, Sprinkles cupcakes in particular.

Hopefully I will get back to you in just over a week with some deliciously good news!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)