Friday, April 18, 2014

NYX Makeup Haul


After falling in love with the NYX Butter Glosses and Butter Balms, I decided that I needed to dig deeper into the soul of NYX. Since NYX products aren't available in Argentina, I had to purchase my products online, sight unseen.  Basically I was just hoping that the colors of the makeup shown on the screen were accurate and that the formulas were just as good as the ones I had already tried from NYX.

First things first....first impressions are everything, and NYX sure does know how to make a first impression, packaging your little purchases in a sweet, black lace bag. 1 point for NYX.


I started out just looking for eyeshadows palettes, but ended up buying a little something for each part of my face. (That sounded weird, but you know what I mean).




How adorable is this Adorable eye shadow palette?! The palette is pretty compact in size and comes with 6 colors: 3 mattes, 2 shimmers and 1 highlight. I think that this is a very wearable palette and one that I can hopefully create a few different looks out of.

Behind the Adorable palette is the Love in Rio palette in the color Barefoot in the Sand. This is a beautiful combination of beiges. You get one matte shadow, one shimmer shadow and one highlight. I purposely chose this palette from the Love in Rio collection because it didn't contain any of the same colors as the Adorable palette. This took quite a few minutes of cross referencing, but I wanted to make sure I got the most bang for my buck. Besides who wants two of the same eye shadow?


I tried out the Sunkissed Radiant Finishing Powder the other day and it gave me such a beautiful glow! I've never bought a multi-color finishing powder before, and now I don't know why I waited so long! It adds that perfect finishing touch.


I had not yet tried the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and was intrigued by the amazing color range they had online, so I ended up buying not one, but three lip creams. All of the colors are named after cities around the world (love that idea), so how could I resist?! From left to right you have San Paulo, Buenos Aires and Istanbul.


Here I have swatched the Soft Matte Lip Creams. The formula is very creamy & matte...so their claims are true! I really like San Paolo & Istanbul and think that I will get a lot of use out of those colors. The Buenos Aires color, on the other hand, I'm not that crazy about, but then again I only really bought it for the name. Who knows, maybe I'll come around to liking it.


I realized the other day that I have an orange-red lipstick, a berry-red lip stain but no true red lip products in my collection! Oh, the horror!
So, when I saw this classic red butter lipstick online, I thought that it would do a good job of filling the void in my collection.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also purchased a blush in the color Mauve, which in person does not seem to be all that mauve, but more of a simple, warm-toned pink. Nonetheless, it is pretty and I'm sure I will wear it a lot. And finally, I added another Butter Balm to my collection in Panna Cotta. The Butter Balms are great for a subtle pop of color that makes you look like a better version of yourself, on those "no makeup" makeup days.

I still have to try out most of these products, but so far I am very pleased and excited to have found quality makeup for a great price!

If you are interested in testing out NYX for yourself, here are the links to the products I purchased:
The Adorable Shadow Palette
Love in Rio Eye Shadow Palette in Barefoot in the Sand
Radiant Finishing Powder in Sunkissed
Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo, Buenos Aires and Istanbul
Butter Lipstick in Mary Janes
Powder Blush in Mauve
Butter Lip Balm in Panna Cotta
And the makeup puff I'm pretty sure I got for free because I have no recollection of ordering that!


While I was on the website getting those links for you I noticed two things:
1.) They are offering free shipping on all U.S. orders over $25. Now that's something to take advantage of!
2.) They just came out with these Infinite Shadow Sticks which look amazing. Just wanted to share that.

4 comments:

  1. You are becoming quite the makeup aficionado! Will you start your own Youtube channel? What was that good channel with all of the tutorials again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had a love for makeup, I just never knew how to properly apply it. Slowly but surely I am getting there, but there won't be any YouTube makeup tutorials in the near future haha. The great tutorial channel you should check out is Glam Life Guru!

      Delete
  2. The little lace bag is so lovely! Such a shame these products are not available here in Argentina, they look really good! :(
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are nice products and such a great price! Makeup like this is hard to come by in Argentina, but I do really love the brand Regina. There happens to be a local close to my apartment in BsAs. Do you have that in Salta? Their eyeshadows are really nice---super pigmented and blend nicely on the eyelid. Their other makeup products are quite nice as well!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)