Thursday, April 24, 2014

Food with Flavor


Last week I took Tomas out for dinner to celebrate his birthday. Since I know he loves hearty & spicy food, I thought that NOLA Buenos Aires sounded like the perfect place to take him. The atmosphere was warm & welcoming, the service was excellent, and the food was so delicious!! Tomas had been sick with a nasty cold, and for fear of having a coughing attack in the middle of the restaurant, we ate our food and left pretty quickly. But, we're still talking about the first course (it's now almost a week later) and I'm hoping we can get back there again to try even more yummy dishes!

Our meal consisted of four courses:

First Course ---Torta frita with ceviche, black beans, corn, and avocado (if I'm remembering correctly). It was AMAZING. I could have eaten about 6, easily. Anything with ceviche is a winner in my book.



Second Course: Gumbo!! I couldn't tell you what exactly was in it, but I can say that it was really hearty and had a great kick to it! It's refreshing to eat spicy food out at a restaurant in Buenos Aires.




Third Course: Braised Pork with grits and butternut squash puree with coconut milk
The pork was so tender and flavorful, and the butternut squash with the addition of coconut milk---amazing!! I have to say I was getting tired of all of the butternut squash puree we eat in Argentina, but the coconut milk totally renovates it!


As you can see, I started eating before I remembered to take a photo!

Fourth Course: Blueberry & Chocolate Tart
I ate the whole thing and completely forgot to take a photo! Sorry guys, sometimes there's just no time for photos. I don't think I've ever had a blueberry dessert that was mixed with chocolate before and I'm not sure why more desserts don't use blueberry and chocolate together---the perfect marriage of tart & sweet!

**If you are visiting Buenos Aires, I would add this to your restaurants-to-eat-at list. And if you live in Buenos Aires, this is the perfect spot to go for a unique experience with great food!

Oh gosh, now I'm hungry again. Take me back to NOLA ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. El second course me suena a un guiso, medio estofado, medio arroz en salsa.
    Muy buena pinta!!!
    If you like, i can suggest some cheap but "porteño" restaurants!!
    Beso
    ÑOÑA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toda era MUY rica!! El segundo paso era un guiso típico de New Orleans, USA. Muy sabroso y picante! Normalmente, trato de no comer carne, pero en este restaurant comi porque era una occasion especial. Cuales son tus restaurantes favoritos en Capital?

      xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)