Friday, February 14, 2014

Sunday Stroll

Walking the streets of Buenos Aires everyday, I don't really stop to take in my surroundings. Many of the buildings in Buenos Aires are older, and you can see the strong European influences in their architecture. Unfortunately, many of these buildings have not been kept up, but because of that lack of upkeep, they exude this kind of mysterious charm. While I don't think people are still calling Buenos Aires "The Paris of South America", you can see why at one time it was considered that. 


































Notice the bakery photo I posted above? Obviously we couldn't leave empty handed.
After our walk, we enjoyed some glazed apple cake and "sopa inglesa."
Yes, that's what the cake on the right is called. I'm really not sure what it's English equivalent is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)