Monday, February 24, 2014

Recipe :: Banana "Pup"cakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting


If you happened to catch my post yesterday, you already know that we celebrated Willy's birthday this weekend with party hats and pupcakes. I found this recipe for pupcakes a few years ago, and actually made them for Agatha's first "birthday." For some reason, I had forgotten about the recipe for a while, and just remembered it existed the other day. I knew Willy had to experience these and I knew Agatha was ready for round two.

This recipe is super simple. It only takes a few short minutes to whip up, plus baking time. The only downside of this recipe (that I forgot from making it the first time) is that is makes SO MANY PUPCAKES. There's no way your dogs will ever eat them all, unless you have a party of about 20 dogs over to your house. I ended up baking 24 mini pupcakes with leftover batter that probably would have made another 24. But what am I going to do with 48 mini pupcakes? Pretty unnessecary. Next time, I have to remember to downsize the recipe. I guess you could use a regular size cupcake pan and bake fewer, larger cakes. I just like the idea of minis.


There's Willy, waiting patiently below me.
Once again, sorry for my chipped nails.
It's really impossible to make a recipe, wash the dishes, and still have your nails intact.


Here, I'm sharing with you the original recipe, but I will get back to you with the downsized version the next time I make these.
_____________________________________________________

Banana Pupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
YIELD: A LOT
RECIPE FROM ALL ABOUT CUPCAKES

FOR THE PUPCAKES:
- 2 OVERRIPE BANANAS
- 2 CUPS WATER
- 3 CUPS FLOUR
- 1 TBSP. BAKING POWDER
- 1 EGG
- 1 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT
- 3 TBSP. HONEY

FOR THE FROSTING:
- 6 OZ. CREAM CHEESE
- 2 TBSP. PLAIN YOGURT
- 2 TBSP. HONEY
- FLOUR

METHOD:

-HEAT OVEN TO 350*F OR 180*C. (I COOKED MINE AT 260*C, BUT THEN AGAIN I'M NOT SURE HOW ACCURATE THE TEMPERATURE ON MY OVEN IS TO BEGIN WITH).

-MASH YOUR BANANAS IN A LARGE BOWL. THEN ADD IN YOUR WATER, FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, EGG, VANILLA EXTRACT AND HONEY. MIX TOGETHER.

-SPOON INTO CUPCAKE MOLDS.YOU CAN USE REGULAR SIZE OR MINI. I PREFER THE MINI SIZE. THE RECIPE SAYS TO LINE YOUR CUPCAKE MOLDS WITH PAPERS, BUT I JUST POURED MY BATTER DIRECTLY INTO THE PAN. IF YOU DO THIS, MAKE SURE YOU USE NONSTICK SPRAY OR BUTTER FIRST.

-BAKE FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES OR UNTIL A TOOTHPICK INSERTED IN THE CENTERS OF THE CAKES COMES OUT CLEAN. (I HAD TO BAKE MINE FOR 30 MINUTES).

-WHILE CAKES ARE BAKING, YOU CAN PREPARE YOUR ICING. BEAT TOGETHER CREAM CHEESE, YOGURT AND HONEY UNTIL SMOOTH. IF ICING SEEMS TO BE RUNNY, ADD A LITTE FLOUR TO THICKEN IT UP. (I ADDED JUST A LITTLE SPRINKLE OF FLOUR. I THEN PLACED ICING IN THE FRIDGE UNTIL PUPCAKES WERE OUT OF THE OVEN AND COOL.)

-ONCE YOUR CAKES ARE COOL, YOU CAN THEN FROST & SERVE!


HAPPY PUPPY TIME :)


One-bite-wonder!

2 comments:

  1. These sound good enough for ME to eat, haha! I know Oreo would love these! Also, love that shot of the pup at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! Well, technically you could eat them, but I think I'll stick to my regular banana muffins ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)