Saturday, February 8, 2014

Health Food Store Haul

I haven't been to the health food store in ages. Our old restaurant was right around the corner from the store, so I would go almost everyday. While going to the health food store is quite an enjoyable shopping experience, it's not cheap. But if you're looking for some hard to find ingredients or some interesting food products, you are sure to find them there. I stopped by last week to pick up some essentials, and from now on I'm going to make my health food store trips a once or twice- a -month treat.

Sweet rice cakes, "passion fruit" green tea, bran cookies, organic yerba mate, crunchy peanut butter, black beans,
tropical fruit and nut mix, and Nature Crops nutritional bars.



I've been buying this "Passion Fruit Green Tea" for a while now. The funny thing is that there is no passion fruit in this tea. I think something must have gotten lost in translation, because when you look at the ingredients on the back of the bottle it says (in Spanish) that it's green tea with jasmine. Or maybe the English translation is right and the Spanish translation is wrong? Either way, I like it.

As for the mate, this is my first time buying organic. Usually we buy one of the big mate brands at the supermarket, but I saw this organic yerba mate at the health store and thought I'd give it a try. I'll let you know about the taste soon!

And the Pepas de Salvado (bran cookies with a little jelly dollop in the middle) are my favorite healthy cookies! They're actually really good, and that says a lot coming from me because I really am a sweets critic.



What are your favorite things to buy at the health food store?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)