Friday, January 31, 2014

Now, this is how you enjoy a salad!

Ever since I cut out fried foods, most junk foods (I still make room for my sweets) and meat (with the exception of the occasional piece of chicken or sausage) from my diet, I've started eating salads quite frequently. And, since a little lettuce & tomato won't even come close to filling you up, not to mention is a completely sad excuse for a meal, I've had to get creative. 

Beans and tuna are my new best friends.  <3

Now, this is how you enjoy a salad...
Spinach, tomato, red onion, garbanzos, mozzarella cheese.
Dressing: Oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper. 

Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, yellow onion, black olives, tuna, cheese.
Dressing: Oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper.
While I often switch up my salad fix-ins, my dressing always stays the same. We don't have the same selection of salad dressings here (or really any selection at all) as they do in the US. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Some of my other favorite salad add-ons include: hard-boiled egg, walnuts, cannellini beans, lentils, corn, red pepper and boiled potato.

I also love a good pasta salad, especially in the summer time. Tomas and I made a pretty amazing pasta salad last weekend, but it wasn't quite perfect. I can't wait to perfect it this weekend and then share the recipe with you guys!


Do any of you have a signature salad? I'm always open to expanding my salad horizons!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)