Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Is it just the same hard candy?


On the day we were travelling back to Argentina I was having some stomach issues, so the last thing I was thinking about was bringing back bundles of good, old-fashioned, American junk food. (I now regret leaving that Snickers and York Peppermint Patty on the kitchen counter). What I forgot was that I had bought a couple of tins of Torie & Howard Hard Candy from Whole Foods, which had already been packed in my suitcase. Hard candies usually aren't the kind of sweets I'm drawn to, but the fact that these 1.) came in a cute tin, 2.) reminded me of a candy I used to eat when I was younger, and 3.) there wasn't single sweet in the house, I turned to these over the weekend.


Dios mio, these are addicting! I picked up two flavors: Pink Grapefruit & Tupelo Honey and Pomegranate & Nectarine. It's pretty obvious that I'm more partial to the grapefruit flavor as the contents of that tin seem to be disappearing fast. I've been trying to alternate between the two tins to make each one last longer, but there's no forcing hard candy on me. The heart wants what it wants. On that note, I'm going to have another grapefruit candy as I finish this post.


What's most surprising to me is how good these taste considering how healthy they are. I'm not a fan of healthy sweets AT ALL. I'd rather eat a salad and a huge piece of chocolate cake than a sandwich w/ fries and a 100-calorie pudding snack. That's just me. These candies don't taste particularly "healthy"... they just taste GOOD. And that's why I like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)