Monday, December 9, 2013

Mystic Blue


One of the most beautiful nail colors I've tried to date: L'oreal Paris Colour Riche in Mystic Blue. A deep shimmering blue with a touch of violet which goes on smooth and dries shiny. GORGEOUS. I'm very happy with the quality of this polish as it is "user friendly" (goes on smooth & easy, not gloppy or streaky like some polishes) and it took several days before my nails started to chip (usually mine will chip within one day).

The polishes come in smaller, 5ml bottles. The shape of the bottle and the gold caps make them look sophisticated and expensive, which display beautifully on a dresser or shelf. I had never seen these polishes back in the United States, so this was my first introduction to L'oreal Paris Colour Riche. More recently, these polishes were featured on essie-button, beauty blog, which is based in the United Kingdom. Has anyone in the United States seen these beauties before?

I think L'oreal hit the nail on the head with the polish name, Mystic Blue. This shade is indeed mystical, magical & enchanting! I could not recommend this color more, in addition to the rest of the line. I also own Metropolitan (a light stone grey), Rive Gauche Green (an opaque army green), and French Riviera (the lightest shimmering blue). All in all, I give this polish two thumbs up and I have to say...... I think I like L'oreal Paris Colour Riche more than Essie, and it gives OPI a run for its money.*




From left to right: Metropolitan, French Riviera, Mystic Blue, Rive Gauche Green

 *A note about my feelings on Essie and OPI: I tend to buy more Essie polishes than OPI lacquers because I prefer the colors that Essie makes. But, in terms of quality I believe that OPI lacquers have better quality: they paint on smoother and last longer. I would rank L'oreal Paris Colour Riche on par with OPI in terms of quality. They are both of excellent quality. I really need to explore the color collection of L'oreal Paris Colour Riche, but so far I like what I see.

One last thing!
DID YOU KNOW...

Source: InStyle Beauty-Special Issue-Fall 2013

You learn something new everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)