Tuesday, November 12, 2013

For the love of nail polish!


My weekend activities usually include painting my nails, but unfortunately since I cannot sit still my nails are usually smudged or chipped by the end of the weekend. This is why I prefer to do my nails myself. Why spend the money on a manicure when I'm only going to ruin it within days or even hours? Also, after getting your nails done at Galaxy Nails in Flemington, NJ, nothing compares. Literally nothing. (BEST PEDICURES EVER! )

I find myself generally gravitating towards colors with orange undertones such as peaches, corals or orangey-reds. I'm not sure why because I'm really not that fond of the color orange, but for some reason I love it on my nails.

My beloved oranges

Last week I painted my nails one of my all-time favorite colors: Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It by OPI. I've had this color for about 5 or 6 years now, and I still love it just as much as the day I bought it. In my opinion it's the perfect bright, orangey-red and looks great on short nails.


This week I tried out Tart Deco by Essie. In the bottle it appears to be a creamy, pastel peach. When you apply it, it goes on much more pigmented and appears brighter (which isn't always a good thing). Maybe because I was expecting it to be different was why I wasn't really loving it. The first day I had this polish on my nails it looked to me like a chalky neon 80's color. After a few days it's starting to grow on me, but I think I'm going to have to try this one again when I have a tan. 

I swear this nail polish is changing colors on me...
Here it looks neon...

...and here it looks pastel.

Next week I think I'm going to go for a tropical red or purple. Possibly Essie's Lacquered Up or Jamaica Me Crazy.

My deeper hues

What are your all-time favorite nail colors? Do you wear certain colors in certain seasons? Or do you prefer to wear similar colors year-round?

2 comments:

  1. Where is your Chanel nail polish that you brought back from Paris? (I think.) Remember that cobalt blue from H&M Spain... someone find me that por fa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way about Tart Deco!! I mistakenly wore all black once when my nails were that color and it was definitely a Halloween vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)