Friday, November 22, 2013

Current Beauty Regimen: Skin & Hair

I tend to change up my beauty regimen quite often. Once I finish a product, it's very rare that I buy the same product again, even if it's very good. For me to purchase the same product more than once, it needs to be LIFE CHANGING. There are so many amazing beauty products to try, and unless I'm sure that I'm using the best of the best, I like to test out all of my options. Here I've included some of the products that I'm currently using on a regular basis. Get ready, there are some LIFE CHANGERS in this mix...

Skin Products---Eyes, Lips, Face



I don't see myself looking any younger using this, but I do have to say that this cream provides an incredible amount of moisture. It has a light, fresh scent and my concealer blends in better (less cakey/wrinkly) when I apply this cream under my eyes first.




I wash my face with this bar soap once every day. I love the silky-smooth lather this soap makes. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but far from dried out. A natural product at a great price point. You can't beat it.




Also known as "Nature's gentle dermabrasion," this exfoliating scrub has been repurchased by me more than once, therefore making it a LIFE CHANGER. This leaves your skin feeling so clean and so smooth that it's hard NOT to use it everyday! (As this is a strong exfoliating scrub, it's recommended to be used 1-2 times a week.)




LIFE CHANGER ALERT: This stuff is amazing. I never really considered using oils on my face. Sometimes when I was sunburnt in the summer I would use a super moisturizing oil or heavy cream, but other than that I always figured an oil moisturizer was only to be used before bed and that even then it would make my skin really greasy. This is not the case at all with this face oil. I've been using it for a few months now and my skin is noticeably brighter and looks like it has more life in it. I swear it is making me look a little bit tan too! And the best thing about this oil is that it has stopped my breakouts. Not that I had major acne problems before, but I would breakout on my chin, constantly. I haven't had a breakout in months. So I will close this paragraph as I started it: This stuff is amazing.




Yes, I'm taking it back to 4th grade. Lip Smacker has got to be one of my favorite brands of lip balms. The scents are so fun & delicious! These balms are great for everyday wear and also layer well under lipstick, keeping your lips from getting dried out throughout the day. I'm currently using Vanilla, but I also love Watermelon, Strawberry & Cotton Candy.  I just discovered a Dulce de Leche flavor on their website, and feel like I should get my hands on that ASAP seeing as I live in the country of dulce de leche. 




Can you tell that I'm drawn to vanilla-scented lip treatments? This lip balm is ULTRA moisturizing. I personally love slathering it on before bed and waking up with baby soft lips. I also own this balm in Cranberry, and had no idea they had more scents such as Mango & Coconut!

Hair Products---



This could be a LIFE CHANGER for you. 
When I bought this, I had no idea what to expect. I wasn't even sure what a "root & scalp stimulator" was. Well, after a few uses I've found out what it does...it gives me some SERIOUS volume. Usually when I leave my hair to air-dry it ends up looking pretty flat. I don't normally use products when I'm not blowing my hair out, but the other day I decided to spray some of this stimulator on my roots & scalp. The whole day I got to enjoy great volume, and my hair looked especially luscious blowing in the hurricane-esque winds on the way to the immigration office. Did I mention I got my permanent residency? Because I did. FINALMENTE.



I like to spray this mist on my hair (especially on my ends) in between washes to keep it looking & smelling fresh. The sweet almond mint is a beautiful scent and reminds me of being at a spa.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you gotten the chance to try any of these products? If not, what are your favorite beauty products/ what products are you loving right now?

*Coming next week, my beauty wishlist!

1 comment:

  1. Well....for me the Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream is OK, but the Kiehl's Imperiale Eye Cream (which they discontinued) was the ultimate....believe me, I've used everything. As for your hair, wash it with Wen's conditioning cleanser (in many different formulas); trust me, you won't be able to use anything else ever again. One hint about this product, because it's a cleansing conditioner rinse twice as long as you might normally rinse. Follow it with the styling cream.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)