Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Some photos from our sunny Saturday...


We heard that the Feria de Mataderos (Mataderos Fair) was coming to our area this past weekend, and we have always wanted to go. Normally the fair takes place in Mataderos, which is technically part of Capital Federal, but is as far away from the center as you could possibly get. This weekend they had I guess what you can call a "pop-up" fair in Recoleta, which is only a short walk from our apartment.

Passed through the Recoleta Fair in Plaza Francia on the way...

Spotted this cute couple in a tree.
I couldn't help myself.
For a moment I felt like I was doing an engagement session.

The fair was much smaller than I had expected. I don't think that all of the vendors came out for the "pop-up" version, which is a shame. I also don't think they advertised it well because the fair was pretty quiet for 2pm on a Saturday. I got to try my first tamale though, so for me it was worth it.



tamale

I'm not exactly sure what kind of tamale I had, but it seemed to be filled with ground beef & spices.

There were some stands with handmade goods, much like the fairs in Recoleta & San Telmo, but there were also food product stands including country meats, cheeses, breads & preserves. Who doesn't love a queso del campo? Although I have to say I prefer to buy mine on the side of the road in the countryside of Buenos Aires province. It just seems more authentic that way.

Salame & cheese as far as the eye can see

Preserves, pickled vegetables and honey in many forms.

They also had traditional Argentine dancers and musicians that performed (for free)!





Afterwards we headed back home, taking a detour through what I think is one of the nicest, quietest and probably most expensive places to live in the city. You walk up these large stone steps, and you literally enter into an oasis. This "oasis" is a raised plateau, where some of the most beautiful apartment buildings are arranged in a circular formation. I like to visit this place on my daily walks for a moment of peace, quiet and beautiful surroundings.

"stairway to heaven"

balconies full of bright flowers




blooming trees on Av. General Las Heras & Av. Pueyrredon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)