Friday, October 25, 2013

Recipe :: No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles


I've made this recipe twice now. The first time I made these truffles I knew that I liked them, but wasn't sure if I loved them. The second time around solidified my feelings... I LOVE THESE CAKE BATTER TRUFFLES. The recipe makes somewhere between 24 and 30 truffles; I think I was able to make 26 out of the batter. These are very rich (great with a glass of cold milk), so if you are not a sweet tooth you might want to make the individual truffles a bit smaller in size. I have a huge sweet tooth, and with these truffles my fix was satisfied, popping four a day (yes, I'm painfully admitting that to all of you). Needless to say, these bite-sized pieces of heaven did not last for long.

These truffles are incredibly easy to make (Just be careful when you are melting the chocolate. I overcooked mine in the microwave the first time). They are the perfect entertaining snack (I brought a batch to a birthday party), but it's also great to have a secret stash in your refrigerator just for yourself (it's up to you whether you want to include any VIPs in on your secret).


The first time I made these, I made them with the white chocolate as shown in the recipe on Chef in Training. The second time I decided to make half with white chocolate and half with regular chocolate. I thought that I bought milk chocolate, but when I made them they looked more like dark chocolate and tasted more like dark chocolate. I'm still not sure what chocolate I used but I'm positive the recipe tastes equally as good using any of the three chocolates. It also just occurred to me that this could be a great recipe to make for a Halloween party---just use festively colored sprinkles.

The process in photos:


















A few notes about the recipe:
-Milk is not listed under the ingredients, but rather in the directions. You will need about 3 Tbsp. of milk. The batter will not come together if you do not use this.
-There are two ways of making the truffles: smooth or texturized. I chose smooth which means that you do not need to add any cake mix to the melted chocolate.
-The recipe calls for 1 tsp. of vanilla, but in every recipe that calls for vanilla I always use double the amount...I don't know why... maybe for good measure? So change your 1 tsp. of vanilla to 2 tsp.

If anyone decides to make these, let me know what you think! And if you decide to do the Halloween version, please send me pics!

HAPPY, HAPPY WEEKEND!

1 comment:

  1. Looking delicious, last two pics are amazing ☺☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)