Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Recipe :: Cheese & Potato Pierogis with Caramelized Onions

I was going through photos on my computer today, and found quite a few photos of recipes I have made over the past year. I had taken photos of the dishes with the intent of putting them on my blog, but I never got around to doing it. I'm glad I'm feeling inspired again and can share some of those delicious recipes with you all.

The recipe I will be sharing today is Cheese & Potato Pierogis with Caramelized Onions. It is tradition in my family that on Good Friday we eat only vegetarian and we honor our Slovak roots (I'm 1/4 Slovak) by making pierogis.


This past Easter holiday Tomas and I spent the long weekend at the beach, and I decided to make pierogis for our Easter lunch (we were traveling on Good Friday, so I decided to change tradition a bit). I went to my trusted site, foodgawker (thank you Leigh for introducing me to my biggest addiction), and found the perfect pierogi recipe from Global Table Adventure. Perfect meaning easy, and more importantly, delicious. Since I am just starting to take an interest in cooking, I tend to get overwhelmed with some of the complicated recipes, so I try to find recipes with fewer, more simple ingredients.

My first attempt at pierogis (which was also my first time making homemade dough) was a success! Tomas and I ate them not only for Easter lunch, but also for dinner, AND as a snack the next day.

Some photos of me in action:







The finished product:

4 comments:

  1. umm, yum! we love pierogis and we're both 1/4 Slovak, too! I will have to make these sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I had no idea you were part Slovak also, let alone 1/4! What are the odds?! You should definitely try them! Really simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pierogis look really good. Grandpa Mike would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the legacy continues.................wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)