Friday, October 11, 2013

Crazy for Crochet


I've been obsessed with crochet, whether it be in the form of home decor or clothing, since I can remember. I recently found a lime green crochet sweater from when I was in 4th or 5th grade, and surprisingly it still fits. I guess that means I haven't grown since the age of ten.

For my birthday this year, I asked my mom to make me a flower-pattern crochet blanket. She had made me a southwestern style blanket a few years back and I loved it so much I wanted another one. Since I especially like 70's style/retro things, I asked my mom to make me one of those flowered crochet blankets that were very popular at that time.

I just received it in the mail last week and it is absolutely beautiful! Almost too nice to use, but very photogenic...

The photo was supposed to be of just me wrapped in the blanket, but Willy decided to hop on the bed & pose at the last minute. He must have known his green fleece combined well with the colors of the blanket.



Recently, I've been working on my own crochet blanket and it is coming along quite nicely. Not nearly as detailed as the blanket my mom made. I'm a pretty amateur crocheter. (Is that the proper name for someone who crochets?)


Almost finished!
I have one more skein of yarn to go, and then just have to add some fringe!

I'd really love to learn how to make intricate designed blankets, tablecloths, and clothing. In the mean time, I'll have to rely on those talented others who sell their beautiful, crocheted clothing and home items online. Below are some of my favorite crocheted clothing finds on the web. You'll see that I found most of the pieces on Etsy, the wonderful world of Etsy.

Kaleidoscope Jumper || Rat & Boa

Strawberry Shake Mini Dress || Rat & Boa

Mini Colorful Crochet Dress || vilmuttia || Etsy

Hand Crocheted Dress || bySALVI || Etsy

Crochet Flower Mini Skirt || romayacrochet || Etsy

Lace Crochet Top || romaya crochet || Etsy

And the following pieces are from my favorite crochet shop on Etsy: Vikni

Crochet Flower & Leaf Hippie Halter || Vikni || Etsy

Multicolor Brazilian Bikini || Vikni || Etsy

Crochet White Halter Tank || Vikni || Etsy

Crochet Boy Shorts || Vikni || Etsy


American Flag Crochet Halter || Vikni || Etsy

What do you guys think? Who's on board the crochet train?

2 comments:

  1. 1) your mom's blanket is awesome
    2) stop clothing your dogs
    3) no to crochet bikins
    4) yes to the name "rat & boa". so graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So basically I should buy the crochet bikini and wear it with my red floppy hat. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)