Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Afternoon in Tigre

On Friday afternoon the sun was shining and Tomas proposed an impromptu trip to Tigre. Normally, I immediately reject spontaneous activities (What can I say? That's me!), but on the this day I said, "You know what? That sounds like a great idea!"

Tigre is a town located on the Parana Delta, about a 45 minute drive northwest of Capital Federal, Buenos Aires. While we were able to walk around the town center and the fair on the port (Puerto de Frutos), some parts of Tigre are only accessible by boat. In that sense, Tigre reminds me of Venice, but in a jungle-esque setting. There are lots of trees and greenery in the town which makes it such a nice escape from the city.

Tigre is also home to a quaint amusement park, Parque de la Costa. Tomas and I decided to go and be kids again, although we weren't very successful at that. The only two rides we had the guts to go on were the swings and the bumper cars, but even the swings were out of our comfort zone. I would advise any adults that take a trip to an amusement park and think that they want to relive their childhood memories on the swings, to pass on that opportunity unless they are looking to get very dizzy and vomit on the person in front of them. I'm not saying that this happened, but it almost did.

All in all it was a lovely day, and it's amazing how reinvigorated you feel when you decide to change things up a bit! Below are some snapshots of the day. Besos!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)