Saturday, September 22, 2012

What's been going on these days...

This week was especially great as it was my 25th birthday on Wednesday, and the first day of Spring on Friday. And here, the first day of Spring is a big deal. It's hard to NOT know that it's the first day of Spring as most of the men you see walking down the street are carrying bouquets of flowers for their special lady friends.  Not to mention, every male acquaintance you run into wishes you "Feliz Primavera!" I guess chivalry isn't dead.

The first day of spring also happens to coincide with "Dia del Estudiante" here. Yes, students have their own holiday and had off from school on the first day of Spring to enjoy the outdoors. Needless to say there were plenty of delinquents running around unsupervised on Friday afternoon. And people here try to tell me that Argentina and the United States have the same amount of holidays. Does anyone remember having a "students' day" back in school? 

Anyway, some pics from the week:

Agatha, the party animal

My beautiful necklace from Tomas

Celebrating my birthday with Tomas & Agatha

My birthday present to myself.
I just can't get enough of the brightly colored & patterned leggings
I see all over Buenos Aires.

From my parents: The most lovely cookbooks I have ever laid eyes on.
But would you expect anything less from Laduree?

From my parents: I plan to eat birthday cake off of this plate for years to come.

A white enamel purse I found at a vintage boutique near my house.

"Feliz Primavera" flowers from Tomas.

Our mini jungle we are growing on the balcony.
I hope to fill up the rest by the end of Spring.

Stay tuned for my next post on our new discovery: El Galpon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)