Saturday, May 12, 2012

Playing with Color

I've always been a fan of color. There have been many times when I've gone over the top when decorating a room or putting together an outfit. Some might call it crazy, some might call it ugly, Joan Rivers might make fun of me on "Fashion Police," but at least it's not boring.

When I saw this new nail trend that Free People posted on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it. It's called Skittle Nails. Basically, it's painting your nails more than one color. It can be as modest as a two-tone combo or as crazy as a different color for every finger. As this is something that I have always secretly wanted to do, I was excited to see that it is now considered a "beauty trend" by Free People.

I decided to go for the five color combo, and I have to say I really like it. I'm sure only a small percent of the human population will appreciate it this trend, but for now I'm loving it and rocking it.

Trying to decide on a color scheme...

I narrowed it down to two options. This is Option #1.

Option #2

I decided on Option #1.
From thumb to pinky:
Essie in Innocent, Essie in Bahama Mama, Sally Hansen in Pacific Blue,
CADI Line in a light shimmery mermaid green and FACE Stockholm in #105. 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)