Friday, May 25, 2012

Mixing Patterns


For the longest time I swore I hated polka dots, but recently I have been drawn to them. I went through my closet a few weeks ago, and as it turns out I've always had a thing for polka dots. I found 3 polka dot dresses, 1 pair of polka dot shorts, a polka dot makeup bag,  a polka dot headband and my latest purchase: a polka dot fuzzy sweater.

Today, Tomas and I went to his grandparents to eat homemade empanadas (which were nothing short of excellent). Whenever we go to his grandparents I like to get dressed up, and I was due for a dressy day anyway since my daily attire is usually something comfortable and/or something that I don't mind getting ruined at work.

I love when I see patterns being mixed in fashion magazines or in store windows, so I decided to try my hand at it today. 

Presenting Polka Dots & Stripes:

The one-arm photo

The nervous smile photo


The spooky ghost photo

The butt implant photo

The "enough is enough" photo
             

One of my favorite pairs of earrings.
Subtle enough to wear everyday, but also guaranteed
to give your outfit that little bit of edge.

I don't know how those fashion bloggers to do it. Having someone take pictures of you for your blog is pretty awkward, but I guess I will just have to get used to it. Props to Tomas for the top notch photography and for his unlimited patience.

1 comment:

  1. Most wouldn't think to put that combo together, but not only does it work, it is fabulous! That's what we're talkin about!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)