Saturday, May 19, 2012

Making banana pancakes, pretend like it's the weekend...

Oh wait, it is the weekend.

Sorry my posts have been limited recently. It's been a crazy week. Now I am sick, but at least it gives me a chance to sit in bed and write this post.

Thank you to everyone who said their prayers for me.... I got my "certificado de residencia precaria" on Thursday! Ahh, what a weight lifted off my shoulders! Now time to focus on the wedding, FINALLY!

I wanted to share some  pics with you guys from last weekend that I never got a chance to post. I was really in the mood to have something homemade & sweet for breakfast, so I started to search Pinterest for some easy pancake recipes, hoping that I would have all the ingredients at home already. Not long after searching I found this easy recipe for buttermilk pancakes. They came out perfectly fluffy and delicious! I will definitely use this recipe again and again.

Get your hot flapjacks!

I ate mine with crema & dulce de leche. (Syrup doesn't exist here).




Oh and I have a question for you guys. Last weekend I bought these beautiful flowers:


They look somewhere in between a mum and a sunflower. They are really tiny and appear almost like dried flowers. Any idea what these are called? I really like them. They look great in the house and last a long time. It's been over a week and they still holding up. These give my favorite flower (colored daisies) a run for their money.



Final note:
Today I am trying to decide if I should get my hair done or not.  I'm getting really bored of this dirty blonde/gray nonsense. I'm not sure if anyone will even take a "day of" appointment, but I'm willing to try as long as I have some sort of idea of what I want to do with my hair. Suggestions appreciated! What should be my new "do"???

2 comments:

  1. ombre... google it. i think you will be obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go blonde, blonde! Don't know what the flowers are.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)