Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fab Finde: Part 1

This weekend I spent eating delicious food, shopping and lounging outside.

On Saturday morning I met some American friends for brunch in Palermo at Oui Oui. It was my first brunch experience in Buenos Aires and it did not disappoint. The atmosphere was super cute, which is probably why there were more women eating there than men, and the food was scrumptious.


Oui Oui @ Nicaragua 6068, Palermo Hollywood


We sat next to the pastry bar which included scones,
brioches, croissants, muffins, bagels
& gigantic alfajors.


I love small details like this.

Most breakfasts in Argentina consist of two or three medialunas (mini croissants) or a tostado (a toasted ham & cheese sandwich), so after a while you really start to crave something more substantial. I ordered the huevos completos, and my plate arrived full with eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast and salad. We also ordered a plate of french toast to share, and even though it came with honey instead of syrup (because syrup doesn't exist here) it was still wonderful and made me feel like I was at home.

huevos completos


brunch spread

After becoming pleasantly full, we headed off to Palermo Soho where we put our pesos to good use (to say the least). Fortunately, I live nowhere near Palermo otherwise I think I would be in trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Just like being there, but not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is alfajors? You should take some pictures of your american friends next time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)